Note: I also posted this to c.a.embedded. I'm not sure it belongs
here, but no answers there so far...

In putting together a little control nodule w/ a single 10/100
ethernet port, I started wondering if I need to pay any attention to
the RMII. IIRC (& it seems that there is not much that I do anymore),
I built some working 10Mbit - realtek based - boards w/o ever paying
any attention to RMII.

However, somewhere I read that this spec defines communications
between the MAC & the PHY.

Again, using the realtek (8019as) chip (or even national chips) reads
& writes occurred over DMA between the chips & a PIC. Do I have to pay
attention to RMII only on multiple (hub or switch) eth port
configurations or always? If someone can clear this up for me, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks, Tom