hardwired ethernet chip - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on hardwired ethernet chip - TCP-IP ; hello, anyone know about how to put the source hardware addresse and ip addresse in new wiznet nm7010b+ module . i mean what could be the addresse....

  1. hardwired ethernet chip

    hello,
    anyone know about how to put the source hardware addresse and ip
    addresse in new wiznet nm7010b+ module . i mean what could be the
    addresse.

  2. Re: hardwired ethernet chip

    On Aug 26, 3:14*am, yogi wrote:
    > hello,
    > *anyone know about how to *put the source hardware addresse and ip
    > addresse in new wiznet nm7010b+ module . i mean what could be the
    > addresse.

    What do you have the NM7010B+ connected to? If it's to a device that
    has a port specifically for an NM7010B+, then follow the instructions
    that came with that device.

    If you went out and bought a new videocard and you asked how to
    interface to it, I'd point you the PCI-e specification. But you may
    just need to plug it into your computer.

    If you really are trying to do the hardware interfacing yourself, you
    need the datasheet for the W3150A+. (And you need the necessary skills
    to fully understand the datasheet.) It's pretty hard to use an NM7010B
    + without it.

    The SHAR (source hardware address) goes in registers 0x09 through
    0x08. The SIPR (source IP register) holds the IP address, registers
    0x0F through 0x12.

    It's not clear what your asking. Is your question:

    1) What should the source addresses be?

    2) I know what the source addresses should be, but what values go in
    what registers?

    3) How do a I set a register to a particular value?

    Where in the process are you having trouble exactly? You may be
    missing some of the basic skills needed to do what you're doing.

    DS

+ Reply to Thread