Reccomendations on enterprise monitoring tools - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Reccomendations on enterprise monitoring tools - TCP-IP ; Gurus, I'm looking for some recommendations on enterprise monitoring tools. What's your favorite enterprise monitoring tool or utility (such as NetIQ, HP OpenView, Microsoft Operations Manager, What's Up Gold or Open source such as Naganos) and why (ease of use, ...

  1. Reccomendations on enterprise monitoring tools

    Gurus,

    I'm looking for some recommendations on enterprise monitoring tools. What's
    your favorite enterprise monitoring tool or utility (such as NetIQ, HP
    OpenView, Microsoft Operations Manager, What's Up Gold or Open source such
    as Naganos) and why (ease of use, ease of installation, low cost)?

    --
    Spin

  2. Re: Reccomendations on enterprise monitoring tools

    * Nagios-- de facto standard and EXCELLENT for monitoring a large LAN
    or WAN.
    * Ntop- for extremely detailed network usage and monitoring of
    precisely what kind of traffic and where the traffic is going.
    * MRTG- for bandwidth graphing on multiple interfaces so that you can
    see if something bogus is going on.

    At least that's what works pretty well for our WAN. I'm open to
    other recommendations, too, however, if anyone has other favorites.
    Ntop was the only one of those that was really easy to set up; the
    other ones monitor all kinds of different stats over SNMP, and nagios
    also utilizies ping, ssh, and a few other tools to keep watch on
    various aspects of the hosts and multiple devices that it's hooked up
    to.

    > I'm looking for some recommendations on enterprise monitoring tools. *What's
    > your favorite enterprise monitoring tool or utility (such as NetIQ, HP
    > OpenView, Microsoft Operations Manager, What's Up Gold or Open source such
    > as Naganos) and why (ease of use, ease of installation, low cost)?

    http://www.lookupanyone.com/namelist...ew-getson.html
    Damon Getsman
    ITrx

+ Reply to Thread