Don't miss the workshops co-located with OSDI '08. Taking place
between December 7 and December 11, 2008, in San Diego, CA, the
workshops cover a variety of topics including analysis of system
logs, power aware computing systems, I/O virutalization, and more.

* WASL '08: First USENIX Workshop on the Analysis of System Logs
December 7, 2008

WASL '08 will focus on novel techniques for extracting more information
from existing logs and on methods to improve the information content of
future logs. See the Call for Papers for information on how to
participate:

http://www.usenix.org/wasl08/cfpw

Paper submissions due: September 2, 2008

* HotPower '08: Workshop on Power Aware Computing and Systems
December 7, 2008

This workshop hopes to provide a forum in which to present the latest
research and to debate directions, challenges, and novel ideas about
building energy-efficient computing systems. Find out more in the Call
for Papers:

http://www.usenix.org/hotpower08/cfpw

Paper submissions due: September 11, 2008

* WIOV '08: First Workshop on I/O Virtualization
December 10-11, 2008

This workshop is meant to provide a forum to discuss challenges of I/O
virtualization that span the virtual machine monitor, guest operating
system, processor, memory subsystem, and I/O subsystem. See the Call for
Papers for more information:

http://www.usenix.org/wiov08/cfpw

Paper submissions due: September 15, 2008

* SysML08: Third Workshop on Tackling Computer Systems Problems with
Machine Learning Techniques
December 11, 2008

The SysML workshop brings together researchers working at the
intersection of machine learning and systems to discuss ideas and
techniques that will benefit the future of both fields. Check out the
Call for Papers for more information:

http://www.usenix.org/sysml08/cfpw

Submissions due: September 26, 2008