Hi

I am looking for a transport layer proxy that will hide link errors in a wireless network. At the moment, we have:

Wireless device ----------- Network ------- Internet ---------- Foreign Server

The problem is that currently, we have link losses in the wireless network that make TCP think that it is experiencing congestion. This is causing underutilization of our wireless link. What we want is something that sits between the wireless network and the internet and will hide the link layer losses from the foreign server. This wikipedia link [1] explains it pretty well. We are currently, trying a few different mechanisms including a performance enhancing proxy called pepsal [2] and a TCP snoop called Berkeley Snoop for Linux [3] but we are yet to have success with them.

Is there anyone here using a TCP proxy? Can anyone recommend one.

Thanks

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perform...nhancing_Proxy
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/pepsal
[3] http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Syste...oop-3341.shtml