Two tcp/ip/dhcp stacks on one system ? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Two tcp/ip/dhcp stacks on one system ? - TCP-IP ; Hello, The way the windows stack works with multiple network cards is not statisfactory. Is it possible to retrieve the dhcp settings via a secondary stack without disturbing the primary tcp/ip/dhcp stack ? Bye, Skybuck....

  1. Two tcp/ip/dhcp stacks on one system ?

    Hello,

    The way the windows stack works with multiple network cards is not
    statisfactory.

    Is it possible to retrieve the dhcp settings via a secondary stack without
    disturbing the primary tcp/ip/dhcp stack ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

  2. Re: Two tcp/ip/dhcp stacks on one system ?

    For existing applications secondary stack solves nothing.

    I think I will go with retrieving dhcp settings for interfaces.

    And then select the interface which has dhcp and hope for the best

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

  3. Re: Two tcp/ip/dhcp stacks on one system ?

    See

    IPHLPAPI:

    GetBestInterface function.

    So far seems to work... but not yet tested with weird situations

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

+ Reply to Thread