How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem - TCP-IP ; Hi, Is there a way to perform a traceroute from an ip to another ip without going through the router and modem ? Thanks...

  1. How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem

    Hi,

    Is there a way to perform a traceroute from an ip to another ip
    without going through
    the router and modem ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem

    On Jun 19, 6:52*pm, ben wrote:

    > Is there a way to perform a traceroute from an ip to another ip
    > without going through
    > the router and modem ?

    Huh? How would the packets get to the other side then?

    DS

  3. Re: How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem

    Ya, thought so too. Thanks for the confirmation.

  4. Re: How to perform traceroute with bypassing the router and modem

    On Jun 19, 9:52*pm, ben wrote:

    > Is there a way to perform a traceroute from an ip to another ip
    > without going through
    > the router and modem ?

    Certainly. For example, I just did a treceroute to another host in my
    same IP subnet. Works just fine, and it never crossed any router.

    Bert

+ Reply to Thread