Port Forwarding to Virtual Machine - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding to Virtual Machine - TCP-IP ; Hi. My goal is to forward a port on my computer to a virtual webserver ran by Microsoft Virtual PC. The operating systems of the two computers are Windows XP for the host and Ubuntu Server 7.10 for the guest. ...

  1. Port Forwarding to Virtual Machine

    Hi. My goal is to forward a port on my computer to a virtual webserver
    ran by Microsoft Virtual PC.

    The operating systems of the two computers are Windows XP for the host
    and Ubuntu Server 7.10 for the guest. The guest gets its connection by
    Microsoft Loopback Adapter and the use of ICS. The guest and host can
    ping back and forth properly and the host computer can access my guest
    through webbrowser. However, I want my host to forward a port so that
    I can access the guest from my browser on other computers.

    I've went into the network interface that is sharing out its
    connection and tried the Advanced Settings options and created a new
    service for Internet users to be able to access. Unfortunately no such
    luck.

    And to keep from being asked this question my firewall is disabled.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Port Forwarding to Virtual Machine

    On Jun 17, 1:40 am, Goodwince wrote:
    > Hi. My goal is to forward a port on my computer to a virtual webserver
    > ran by Microsoft Virtual PC.
    >
    > The operating systems of the two computers are Windows XP for the host
    > and Ubuntu Server 7.10 for the guest. The guest gets its connection by
    > Microsoft Loopback Adapter and the use of ICS. The guest and host can
    > ping back and forth properly and the host computer can access my guest
    > through webbrowser. However, I want my host to forward a port so that
    > I can access the guest from my browser on other computers.
    >
    > I've went into the network interface that is sharing out its
    > connection and tried the Advanced Settings options and created a new
    > service for Internet users to be able to access. Unfortunately no such
    > luck.
    >
    > And to keep from being asked this question my firewall is disabled.
    >
    > Thank you.

    Hi,

    You can move to VMWare Server. Now a days it is free and more powerful
    than Microsoft Virtual PC (somewhat limited in features and
    functionality).

    In VMWare server, you can make the virtual machine (guest OS) to have
    access to any network adapter directly by adding a bridged interface
    to the virtual machine. Then guest OS is also visible in the network
    with its own IP address. So any computer attached to that network can
    directly access guest OS.

    - Neo
    Techpulp Technologies
    http://www.techpulp.com/