COBOL EZASOKET socket interface for Linux - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on COBOL EZASOKET socket interface for Linux - TCP-IP ; All Does anyone know if there is an EZASOKET implementation for use by COBOL and other higher level languages on Linux. I just finished working with Micro Focus to successfully implement EZASOKET support for Micro Focus COBOL on Windows enabling ...

  1. COBOL EZASOKET socket interface for Linux

    All

    Does anyone know if there is an EZASOKET implementation for use by
    COBOL and other higher level languages on Linux.

    I just finished working with Micro Focus to successfully implement
    EZASOKET support for Micro Focus COBOL on Windows enabling it to
    connect to z390 SOA portable mainframe assembler services running on
    any J2SE Java platform includng Windows or Linux. For more on the
    Windows demo implementation visit:

    http://z390.sourceforge.net/z390_SOA..._Assembler.htm

    I'm interested in finding comparable implemention of IBM defacto
    standard EZASOKET implementation for Linux. z390 assembler client and
    server SOA applicaiton already run on Linux but not COBOL yet.

    Don Higgins
    don@higgins.net

  2. Re: COBOL EZASOKET socket interface for Linux

    See:
    ezasoket.googlecode.com

    This is an open source implementation of EZASOKET for all COBOL compilers on zLinux, Linux and UNIX. I would be happy to port this to WIndows.

    This was originally part of OpenKicks, it was separated from OpenKicks and released as open source at the request of the Open COBOL folks.

    --
    Michael Potter
    Replatform Technologies, LLC

+ Reply to Thread