Network analyzer for usb-based network cards - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Network analyzer for usb-based network cards - TCP-IP ; Hi all, I want to know is there any Network anlayzer to capture ethernet packets over usb, i.e on usb based network cards. Does Ethereal support over usb. Thanks in advance, with regrads, Bob...

  1. Network analyzer for usb-based network cards

    Hi all,
    I want to know is there any Network anlayzer to capture ethernet
    packets over usb, i.e on usb based network cards. Does Ethereal
    support over usb.
    Thanks in advance,
    with regrads,
    Bob

  2. Re: Network analyzer for usb-based network cards

    On May 15, 12:59*am, "srbli...@gmail.com" wrote:
    > I want to know is there any Network anlayzer to capture ethernet
    > packets over usb, i.e on usb based network cards. Does Ethereal
    > support over usb.

    On Windows, Ethereal depends on WinPcap, Windows, and the particular
    device driver for the NIC to support the required function, the exact
    connection to the PC is not directly a factor. That being said, there
    are a number of USB NICs listed in:

    http://www.micro-logix.com/WinPcap/Supported.asp

    Under Linux you need support from libpcap.

+ Reply to Thread