How to remotely edit the dns zone of server? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on How to remotely edit the dns zone of server? - TCP-IP ; You need remotely DNS entries from different servers. Does anyone know any tool that does this? The remote editing of entries DNS servers?...

  1. How to remotely edit the dns zone of server?

    You need remotely DNS entries from different servers.

    Does anyone know any tool that does this? The remote editing of
    entries DNS servers?

  2. Re: How to remotely edit the dns zone of server?

    In article
    <09721d7d-dfb4-4d88-91ee-3703db0bd426@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    Zerutreck wrote:

    > You need remotely DNS entries from different servers.
    >
    > Does anyone know any tool that does this? The remote editing of
    > entries DNS servers?

    Enable dynamic updates, and use nsupdate.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: How to remotely edit the dns zone of server?

    Zerutreck wrote:
    >You need remotely DNS entries from different servers.
    >
    >Does anyone know any tool that does this? The remote editing of
    >entries DNS servers?

    I ssh to the server running bind and edit the configuration files by
    hand.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

  4. Re: How to remotely edit the dns zone of server?

    I do not want to hand. I wish some of the aid tool for editing dns
    zone.

    Best regards,

    Hermes Alves

    On 14 maio, 15:21, r...@panix.com (Rod Dorman) wrote:

    > In article <09721d7d-dfb4-4d88-91ee-3703db0bd...@i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > Zerutreck * wrote:
    > >You need remotely DNS entries from different servers.

    > >Does anyone know any tool that does this? The remote editing of
    > >entries DNS servers?

    > I ssh to the server running bind and edit the configuration files by
    > hand.
    >
    > --
    > rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

  5. Re: How to remotely edit the dns zone of server?

    In article
    <8a7ea23a-15da-4c51-98a0-6b1d7e1a99b7@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
    Zerutreck wrote:

    > I do not want to hand. I wish some of the aid tool for editing dns
    > zone.

    Do you mean something like WebMin, a web interface to configuring many
    different types of configuration files?