sending a file at a time using tcp connection - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on sending a file at a time using tcp connection - TCP-IP ; hi i newbie, i want to send a file at a time from server to the requested client? how can i achieve this using tcp connection and kindly let me know the systems calls bye...

  1. sending a file at a time using tcp connection

    hi
    i newbie, i want to send a file at a time from server to the requested
    client?
    how can i achieve this using tcp connection and kindly let me know the
    systems calls

    bye

  2. Re: sending a file at a time using tcp connection

    In article
    <5ea246d5-53a0-4058-bdf7-0e3290b10017@t12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    kumar wrote:

    > hi
    > i newbie, i want to send a file at a time from server to the requested
    > client?
    > how can i achieve this using tcp connection and kindly let me know the
    > systems calls
    >
    > bye

    Server:

    socket: Create a network socket.
    bind: Tell the OS what port the socket should respond to.
    listen: Tell the OS to start listening for connections.
    accept: Wait for an incoming connection and return an FD for it.
    open: Open the file.
    read: Read from the file.
    write: Write to the network socket.
    close: Close the file and socket.

    The client is similar, except it uses connect() instead of bind, listen,
    and accept.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA

  3. Re: sending a file at a time using tcp connection

    On May 4, 1:24*am, kumar wrote:
    > hi
    > i newbie, i want to send a file at a time from server to the requested
    > client?
    > how can i achieve this using tcp connection and kindly let me know the
    > systems calls
    >
    > bye

    You can use FTP to accomplish this. Many application frameworks
    like .NET allow you to initiate FTP sessions programatically.

    --
    VisualEther - http://www.eventhelix.com/VisualEther/
    Reverse engineer sequence diagrams from Wireshark logs

+ Reply to Thread