Is libpcap thread-safe? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Is libpcap thread-safe? - TCP-IP ; I could not find the answer on the tcpdump/pcap website. Can I call any of the pcap_* functions from two threads simultaneously? Or is libpcap only partially thread-safe? If so, what restrictions should I be looking for?...

  1. Is libpcap thread-safe?

    I could not find the answer on the tcpdump/pcap website. Can I call any of
    the pcap_* functions from two threads simultaneously? Or is libpcap only
    partially thread-safe? If so, what restrictions should I be looking for?

  2. Re: Is libpcap thread-safe?

    On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 10:28:39 -0400, barcaroller wrote:

    > I could not find the answer on the tcpdump/pcap website. Can I call any of
    > the pcap_* functions from two threads simultaneously? Or is libpcap only
    > partially thread-safe? If so, what restrictions should I be looking for?

    They have a mailing list, too -- try there if you get no answer here.

    (But I note that the pcap(3) man page discusses some threading issues.)

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn \X/ snipabacken.se> R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

+ Reply to Thread