igmv2 MRT value - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on igmv2 MRT value - TCP-IP ; Are igmpv2 MRT value of general and specific query same or diff.? I know default general query MRT is 10s, how about specific query? 10s or 1s? also general query interval is 60-120s, how about specific query interval? 1s? my ...

  1. igmv2 MRT value

    Are igmpv2 MRT value of general and specific query same
    or diff.?
    I know default general query MRT is 10s, how about
    specific query? 10s or 1s? also general query interval is
    60-120s, how about specific query interval? 1s?
    my answer is for specific query interval is 1s also it's MRT
    is 1s too. so total 3s it stop send Mcast.
    Am I right? please comfirm it.

  2. Re: igmv2 MRT value

    On Apr 16, 11:47*am, aaabb...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Are igmpv2 MRT value of general and specific query same
    > or diff.?
    > I know default general query MRT is 10s, how about
    > specific query? 10s or 1s? also general query interval is
    > 60-120s, how about specific query interval? 1s?
    > my answer is for specific query interval is 1s also it's MRT
    > is 1s too. so total 3s it stop send Mcast.
    > Am I right? please comfirm it.

    See RFC 2236 Section 8.8. Group specific query uses a max response
    time default of 1 second. But a router should send several of these
    before stopping the multicast, to make sure they get through. An exact
    time to stop sending the multicast is not stated in RFC 2236.

    Bert

+ Reply to Thread