plz read it - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on plz read it - TCP-IP ; WHAT IS ISLAM? Can we find an explanation of the great universe? Is there any convincing interpretation of the secret of existence? We realize that no family can function properly without a responsible head, that no city can prosperously exist ...

  1. plz read it

    WHAT IS ISLAM?

    Can we find an explanation of the great universe? Is there any
    convincing interpretation of the secret of existence? We realize that
    no family can function properly without a responsible head, that no
    city can prosperously exist without sound administration, and that no
    state can survive without a leader of some kind. We also realize that
    nothing comes into being on its own. Moreover, we observe that the
    universe exists and functions in the most orderly manner, and that it
    has survived for hundreds of thousand of years. Can we then say that
    all this is accidental and haphazard? Can we attribute the existence
    of man and the whole world to mere chance.

    Man represents only a very small portion of the great universe. And if
    he can make plans and appreciate the merits of planning, then his own
    existence and the survival of the universe must also be a planned
    policy. This means that there is an extraordinary power to bring
    things into being and keep them moving in order.

    In the world then must be a great force in action to keep everything
    in order. In the beautiful nature there must be a Great creator who
    creates the most charming pieces of art produces every thing for a
    special purpose in life. The deeply enlightened people recognize this
    creator and call him Allah "God". He is not a man because no man can
    create or make another man. He is not an animal, nor he is a plant. He
    is neither an Idol nor is He a statue of any kind because non of these
    things can make itself or create anything else. He is different from
    all these things because he is the maker and keeper of them all. The
    maker of anything must be different from and greater than things which
    he makes.

    There are various ways to know God "ALLAH'' and there are many things
    to tell about him. The great wonders and impressive marvels of the
    world are like open books in which we can read about God. Besides, God
    Himself comes to our aid through the many Messengers and revelations
    He has sent down to man. These Messengers and revelations tell us
    everything we need to know about God.

    The complete acceptance of the teachings and guidance of God 'Allah'
    as revealed to His Messengers Muhammad is the religion of Islam. Islam
    enjoins faith in the oneness and sovereignty of Allah, which makes man
    aware of meaningfulness of the Universe and of his place in it. This
    belief frees him from all fears and superstitions by making him
    conscious of the presence of the Almighty Allah and of man's
    obligations towards Him. This faith must be expressed and tested in
    actions, faith alone is not enough. Belief in one God requires that we
    look upon all humanity as one family under the universal Omnipotence
    of God the Creator and Nourisher of all. Islam rejects the idea of
    chosen people, making belief in God and good actions the only way to
    heaven. Thus, a direct relationship in established with God, without
    any intercessor.

    Islam is not a new religion. It is, in essence, the same message and
    guidance which Allah revealed to all Prophets. Adam, Noah, Abraham,
    Ismael, David, Moses and Jesus (PBUT). But the message which was
    revealed to Prophet Mohammed (PBUT) is Islam in its comprehensive,
    complete and final form.

    The Quran is the last revealed word of Allah and the basic source of
    Islamic teachings and laws. The Quran deals with the basis of creeds,
    morality, history of humanity, worship, knowledge, wisdom, God-man
    relationship, and human relationship in all aspects. Comprehensive
    teaching on which, can be built sound systems of social justice,
    economics, politics, legislation, jurisprudence, law and international
    relations, are important contents of the Quran. Hadith, the teachings,
    sayings and actions of Prophet Mohammed (PBUT), meticulously reported
    and collected by his devoted companions. Explained and elaborated the
    Quranic verses.

    THE FUNDAMENTAL ARTICLES OF FAITH IN ISLAM

    The true faithful Muslim believes in the following Principal articles
    of faith:-

    He believes in One God 'Allah', Supreme and Eternal, Infinite and
    Mighty, Merciful and Compassionate, Creator and Provider.
    He believes in all Messengers of God without any discrimination among
    them. Every known nation had a warner or Messenger from God. They were
    chosen by God to teach mankind and deliver His divine message. The
    Quran mentions the name of twenty five of them. Among them Mohammad
    stands as the last Messenger and the crowning glory of the foundation
    of Prophethood.
    Muslin believes in all scriptures and revelations of God. They were
    the guiding light which the Messengers received to show their
    respected peoples the Right Path of God. In the Quran a special
    reference is made to the books of Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus. But
    long before the revelations has been lost or corrupted. The only
    authentic and complete book of God in existence in the Quran.
    The true Muslim believes in the Angels of Allah. They are purely
    spiritual and splendid beings whose nature requires on food, drink or
    sleep. They spend their days and nights in the worship of God.
    Muslim believes in the last Day of Judgement. This world will come to
    an end someday, and the dead will rise to stand for their final and
    fair trial. People with good records will be generously, rewarded and
    warmly welcomed to the Heaven of Allah, and those with bad records
    will be punished and cast into Hell.
    Muslim believes in the timeless knowledge of God and His power to plan
    and execute His planes and nothing could happen in His Kingdom against
    His will. His knowledge and power are in action at all times and
    command over His creation. He is wise and merciful, and whatever He
    does must have a meaningful purpose. If this is established in our
    mind and hearts, we should accept with good faith all that He does,
    although we may fail to under stand it fully, or think it is bad.
    THE FIVE PILLARS OF ISLAM

    Faith without actions arid practice is a dead end, as far as Islam is
    concerned. Faith by nature is very sensitive and can be most
    effective. When it is not out of practice or out of use, it quickly
    loses its liveliness and motivation power.

    There are five pillars of Islam:

    The declaration of faith: To bear witness that there is none worthy of
    worship except Allah, and that Mohammad (PBUH) is His Messenger to all
    human beings till the Day of Judgment. The Prophethood of Mohammad
    obliges the Muslims to follow, His exemplary life as a model.
    Prayers: Daily, prayers are offered five times a day as a duty towards
    Allah. They strengthen and enliven the belief in Allah and inspire man
    to a higher morality. They purify the heart and prevent temptation
    towards wrong - doings and evil.
    Fasting the month of Ramadan. The Muslims during the month of Ramadan
    not only abstain from food, drink and sexual intercourse from dawn to
    sunset but also sincerity and devotion. It develops a sound social
    conscience, patience, unselfishness and will - Power.
    Zakkah: The literal and simple meaning of Zakkah is purity. The
    technical meaning of this word designates the annual amount in kind or
    coin which a Muslim with means must distribute among the rightful
    beneficiaries. But the religious and spiritual significance of Zakkah
    is much deeper and more lively. So it has humanitarian and
    sociopolitical values.
    Hajj (Pilgrimage to Makkah): It is to be performed once in a lifetime,
    if one can afford it financially and physically. plz visit www.islamhouse.com

  2. WRONG PLACE.

    Wrong place to post this.

  3. Re: WRONG PLACE.

    In article ,
    Intuitive wrote:

    > Wrong place to post this.

    Is there a "right" place to post a message with a dangling participle?

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA