Question on ethernet controller - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Question on ethernet controller - TCP-IP ; Hi all, 1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6 Kernel.I have few Doubts. 2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx ...

  1. Question on ethernet controller

    Hi all,
    1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet
    controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6
    Kernel.I have few Doubts.

    2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx Buffer. Whether
    my ethernet controller immediately raises an Interrupt or it wait for
    Few seconds or milliseconds for another packets to sit in Rx Buffer
    before it raises an Interrupt.

    3) If at all If ISR is Executing and if Before copying a packet from
    Rx Buffer to local Buffer, if few packet comes to Eth controller,
    will respective packets sits in Rx Buffer or packets are Denied by
    Ethernet controller.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bab

  2. Re: Question on ethernet controller

    Your questions would be far more appropriate in comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,
    they have very little to do with TCP/IP specifically.

    In article
    ,

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu