Question: what is the differences between IPV4 multicast and IPV6multicast - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on Question: what is the differences between IPV4 multicast and IPV6multicast - TCP-IP ; Thank you for help. My final year project is migrating multicast ipv4 to ipv6. And now i can't find the differences between the ipv4 multicast and ipv6 multicast. if you know, please tell me. and if you would like to ...

  1. Question: what is the differences between IPV4 multicast and IPV6multicast

    Thank you for help. My final year project is migrating multicast ipv4
    to ipv6.
    And now i can't find the differences between the ipv4 multicast and
    ipv6 multicast.
    if you know, please tell me. and if you would like to help me with my
    project, please contact me thank very much.

  2. Re: Question: what is the differences between IPV4 multicast and IPV6multicast

    On Jan 4, 8:57*am, hkhkhk...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Thank you for help. My final year project is migrating multicast ipv4
    > to ipv6.
    > And now i can't find the differences between the ipv4 multicast and
    > ipv6 multicast.
    > if you know, please tell me. and if you would like to help me with my
    > project, please contact me thank very much.

    Assuming you are already familiar with IPV4 multicast, read RFCs 3306
    and 3307 to see how the IPv6 addresses are formatted and assigned, RFC
    2710 to read about the IPv6 equivalent of IGMPv2, which is called
    MLDv1, and RFC 3810 to read about MLDv2, which is the equivalent of
    IGMPv3. As to routing, poretty much the same solutions work for both.
    See, for instance, RFC 4601 which describes PIM-SM, and applies to
    both IPv4 and IPv6.

    RFCs are all available online, free, at http://www.ietf.org/rfc.html

    Bert

+ Reply to Thread