question on Ethernet - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on question on Ethernet - TCP-IP ; Hi all, 1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6 Kernel.I have few Doubts. 2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx ...

  1. question on Ethernet

    Hi all,
    1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet
    controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6
    Kernel.I have few Doubts.

    2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx Buffer. Whether
    my ethernet controller immediately raises an Interrupt or it wait for
    Few seconds or milliseconds for another packets to sit in Rx Buffer
    before it raises an Interrupt.

    3) If at all If ISR is Executing and if Before copying a packet from
    Rx Buffer to local Buffer, if few packet comes to Eth controller,
    will respective packets sits in Rx Buffer or packets are Denied by
    Ethernet controller.

    Thanks in advance,
    Bab

  2. Re: question on Ethernet

    srblinux@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > 1) Iam working on Philips LPC 2292 controller board, Ethernet
    > controller is Rtl8019 and Iam testing Rtl8019 driver on linux 2.6
    > Kernel.I have few Doubts.

    > 2) If at all if a single packet comes and sits in Rx Buffer. Whether
    > my ethernet controller immediately raises an Interrupt or it wait for
    > Few seconds or milliseconds for another packets to sit in Rx Buffer
    > before it raises an Interrupt.

    > 3) If at all If ISR is Executing and if Before copying a packet from
    > Rx Buffer to local Buffer, if few packet comes to Eth controller,
    > will respective packets sits in Rx Buffer or packets are Denied by
    > Ethernet controller.

    You might want to ask in comp.dcom.lans.ethernet instead. Or, since
    you are running linux, in some of the more directly linux-oriented
    newsgroups or mailing lists.

    rick jones
    --
    web2.0 n, the dot.com reunion tour...