I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers - TCP-IP ; Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? TCP/IP? I really don't have much to say about TCP/IP. But let's talk about Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids. Do they read Google groups? Hey, Larry and Sergey! Let ...

  1. I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down thesabotagers

    Hmm, let's see. What is this NG about? TCP/IP?

    I really don't have much to say about TCP/IP. But let's talk about
    Larry Page and Sergey Brin, the Google kids.

    Do they read Google groups?

    Hey, Larry and Sergey! Let me just tell you that we, the folks that
    drive the Usenet traffic that you cherish so much are getting more
    than a little sick and tired of those MI-5 Persecution postings.

    Mind you: I am concerned about those poor fellows that have been
    (tortured? prosecuted? castrated?) by MI-5. Gosh, for some reason I am
    worried about their wifes and kids.

    But not for them.

    I frankly feel that they should be branded like cattle.

    And, Larry & Sergey: you are not too high on my list either.

    Let's just hope that 2008 brings better, actual content to Google/and
    Usenet Groups, wunderkinds.

    -Ramon F Herrera

    ps: I wonder whether the NYT is aware of what's going on in Usenet
    under Google's laissez faire guidance...

  2. Re: I suppose it is up to us to post some content and scroll down the sabotagers

    In article
    <1cbfc1db-4694-4502-9f69-4239e13a1556@z11g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    RamonFHerrera wrote:

    > ps: I wonder whether the NYT is aware of what's going on in Usenet
    > under Google's laissez faire guidance...

    Huh? Since when does Google "guide" Usenet? Google Groups is just a
    portal to Usenet, Google has absolutely no control over the content.

    --
    Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
    Arlington, MA