beginners' material on dns? - TCP-IP

This is a discussion on beginners' material on dns? - TCP-IP ; Dear readers, I have registered a domain name and would like to use it for my home server. I don't get a fixed ip address from my ISP. Some folks recommended me to use dyndns.org, but I do not know ...

  1. beginners' material on dns?

    Dear readers,

    I have registered a domain name and would like to use it for my home
    server. I don't get a fixed ip address from my ISP. Some folks
    recommended me to use dyndns.org, but I do not know the basic concepts
    of DNS like cname and so on. Could you please point me to online
    resources that are targeted towards beginners. I'm aware of the myriad
    of RFCs on the subject, but a simple document would be better now.

    Best Wishes

    - Gergely

  2. Re: beginners' material on dns?

    In article <1194798457.444570.248360@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    Gergely Buday wrote:
    >I have registered a domain name and would like to use it for my home
    >server. I don't get a fixed ip address from my ISP. Some folks
    >recommended me to use dyndns.org, but I do not know the basic concepts
    >of DNS like cname and so on. Could you please point me to online
    >resources that are targeted towards beginners. I'm aware of the myriad
    >of RFCs on the subject, but a simple document would be better now.

    Try "DNS and BIND" aka the cricket book.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

  3. Re: beginners' material on dns?

    pls read my post on Internet basics http://groups.google.com/group/allab...internet-works

    u can meet me online for further discussing.
    visit http://me.anuragbhatia.com to know how to meet me...

    On Nov 12 2007, 11:34*pm, r...@panix.com (Rod Dorman) wrote:
    > In article <1194798457.444570.248...@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.c om>,
    > Gergely Buday * wrote:
    >
    > >I have registered a domain name and would like to use it for my home
    > >server. I don't get a fixed ip address from my ISP. Some folks
    > >recommended me to use dyndns.org, but I do not know the basic concepts
    > >of DNS like cname and so on. Could you please point me to online
    > >resources that are targeted towards beginners. I'm aware of the myriad
    > >of RFCs on the subject, but a simple document would be better now.

    > Try "DNS and BIND" aka the cricket book.
    >
    > --
    > rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

+ Reply to Thread