    these netbook machines, so it looks like it would work fine, but I
    thought I'd ask if anyone else had done something like this.

  2. Re: SuSE on an ASUS eee or Acer Aspire?

    On 2008-11-11, Arrowcatcher wrote:
    > Anyone tried setting up SuSE 11 on either an ASUS eee or Acer Aspire
    > yet? I'm thinking about getting an eee and repartitioning the XP
    > install to do a dual boot with SuSE. They sell Linux versions of
    > these netbook machines, so it looks like it would work fine, but I
    > thought I'd ask if anyone else had done something like this.

    I have Eee PC 900 running openSUSE 11.0

    I followed instructions from these:

    http://paleheretic.blogspot.com/2008...eeepc-900.html
    http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_on_the_EeePC

    Works great, I connect via NIC, Wi-Fi and GPRS stick Huawei 169

    That one I configured with instructions here:
    http://www.greenhughes.com/content/u...rnet-modem-eee

    Everything works, but 900's battery life is like 2 hours or so.

    That goes longer if Wi-Fi is disabled

    All normal Packman stuff, video and audio work without problems.
    --
    Vahis
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

+ Reply to Thread