PC Choice - Suse

This is a discussion on PC Choice - Suse ; houghi schreef: > Chris Maaskant wrote: >> Even if i would use multiple desktops, i still wouldn't know where my >> program windows is without a taskbar, i'd have to browse through my >> desktops to find it. Nah, the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 44 of 44

  1. Re: PC Choice

    houghi schreef:

    > Chris Maaskant wrote:

    >> Even if i would use multiple desktops, i still wouldn't know where my
    >> program windows is without a taskbar, i'd have to browse through my
    >> desktops to find it. Nah, the taskbar is OK :-)

    > Yes, you would, because you would launch and have the same programs open
    > in the same desktop. I am not even looking and I know that on desktop 1
    > I have browser, liferea and slrn...

    > So that is 16 desktops.
    >
    > As all my main programs are open anyway, and as they are always in the
    > same place, I know where they are.

    I would forget where what is for sure with 16 desktops.
    I have usually no more then 1 window open, sometimes 3, as soon as i'm done with it i minimize it to the taskbar.
    I hate clutter.

    Only when i'm editing photo's i turn on the second monitor.
    To each its own i gues.

    16 desktops...Brrr..
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  2. chbg lives on

    Op maandag, november 10, 2008 16:49:38 +0100, houghi schreef:
    > J G Miller wrote:
    >>

    >> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 01:08:18 +0100, houghi wrote:
    >> > What would I do with my 50.000+ wallpapers?

    >> Use chbg
    >>

    >> which works very well with WindowMaker as well.

    > No 64 bit and the last version is from 2008-08-08 and the homepage does
    > not exist anymore. That does not bode well.

    But it is actively maintained under Debian, which also supplies a 64 bit
    version.

    So one can always download the Debian source code package and compile
    the 64 bit version from that for openSUSE or other distributions.

  3. Re: PC Choice

    Chris Maaskant wrote:
    > I would forget where what is for sure with 16 desktops.

    Not if they are always in the same place.

    > I have usually no more then 1 window open, sometimes 3, as soon as i'm done with it i minimize it to the taskbar.
    > I hate clutter.

    I hate clutter as well. For that reason I use different desktops and
    monitors, With one desktop you will have clutter when you have 3 windows
    open. One is over the other and mayem ensues.

    With different desktops youhave only those things that belong together.
    My old screenshots: http://houghi.org/shots/wmaker/index.php

    > Only when i'm editing photo's i turn on the second monitor.

    I can't work with that. Even at work I have 2 monitors in the last
    several companies I worked for. It realy works great. One for monitoring
    and the other to type on.

    > To each its own i gues.
    >
    > 16 desktops...Brrr..

    You could also say that I can activate any group of programs in one go,
    instead of clicking of activating them seperately. e.g. slrn is next to
    firefox, so I can do searches. Liferea is also next to a different
    firefox, so I can read the artcle.

    Now say I would be working on a website. One screen is to look at and do
    a refresh. The other screen has 3 terminals next to each other. One so I
    can look at code elsewhere, the other two to edit code.

    Of those 16 desktops, there are only about 5 that I activaly switch
    between. And it is nice not to need launch a program, because it is
    already running.

    houghi
    --
    Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
    rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

  4. Re: PC Choice

    Aleks A.-Lessmann wrote:
    > Pity, as I was a fan of Dell, but I could as well have bought one with
    > XP and have installed Ubuntu myself on it. The difference was only 100
    > EUR.

    100EUR less or more for the XP version? If more, why pay for it? If
    less, I can understand.

    So now you have one with Ubuntu pre-installed. You could install it
    yourself, just as you would with the XP version or if it were a blank
    one.

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3