Has my site been cracked? - Suse

This is a discussion on Has my site been cracked? - Suse ; bb wrote: > Just create /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/waxborg.conf with something like: > ort> > > ServerName waxborg.servepics.com > DocumentRoot /srv/www/waxborg > > ...... > > and move your site to /srv/www/waxborg/ > > If someone insist typing www.waxborg.servepics.com you can redirect them ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 22 of 22

  1. Re: Has my site been cracked?

    bb wrote:
    > Just create /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/waxborg.conf with something like:
    > ort>
    >
    > ServerName waxborg.servepics.com
    > DocumentRoot /srv/www/waxborg

    > and move your site to /srv/www/waxborg/
    >
    > If someone insist typing www.waxborg.servepics.com you can redirect them

    And then the real fun can start with e.g. pics.waxborg.servepics.com for
    images and pr0n.waxborg.servepics.com and ...
    And no need to configure DNS for that, exept *.waxborg.servepics.com

    Also you can have index.html.en and index.html.fi so that people who
    have Finish as their main language in their browser see the finish page
    and others the english one. Pretty anoying behavious, because the user
    needs to change the language in the browser to see the other language.

    Fun if you have different content per language.

    How this works? Install the example pages and see for your self (OK,
    that was pure evil)

    You could also show different content depending on the IP adress (e.g.
    10.*.*.* see something different then external adresses) and figure out
    all the Finish IP adresses. That way they can not even see anyting else.
    (Also anoying)

    I have it internally configured that if I type php, it goes to the
    phpMyAdmin directory and some other things like it.

    All I am talking about here is editing of the Apache configuration.
    Things you can (also) do in php is something differently.

    houghi
    --
    Listen do you hear them drawing near in their search for the sinners?
    Feeding on the power of our fear and the evil within us.

  2. Re: Has my site been cracked?

    On 2008-11-07, bb wrote:
    > On 2008-11-07 05:10, Vahis wrote:
    >

    >> The contents of /htdocs have initially been made back in 2005.
    >> They've been updated during times through two machines before the
    >> current one.

    > The best thing you can do is to not use htdocs as your site,
    > but just leave it as your default server, eg. where you get all
    > hits to your IP-address, while your site waxborg has it's own
    > documentroot and virtual by name container.
    >
    > Just create /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/waxborg.conf with something like:
    >ort>
    >
    > ServerName waxborg.servepics.com
    > DocumentRoot /srv/www/waxborg

    > and move your site to /srv/www/waxborg/
    >
    > If someone insist typing www.waxborg.servepics.com you can redirect them
    > with:
    >ort>
    > ServerName www.waxborg.servepics.com
    > Redirect permanent / http://waxborg.servepics.com/
    >

    > and access to http://your-IP will give "It Works" since they are not visitors
    > anyway, just email harvest bots.
    >

    > /Birre

    This looks like a sound piece of advise.

    Thanks, neighbor

    Vahis
    --
    http://waxborg.servepics.com