Call for feature testing 11.1 - Suse

This is a discussion on Call for feature testing 11.1 - Suse ; From one of the mailing lists: Beta4 is released, and we would like to have an in deep feature testing of it. You can find on overview of the features that should work on the wiki: http://en.opensuse.org/Testing:Features_11.1 general information: http://en.opensuse.org/Testing ...

  1. Call for feature testing 11.1

    From one of the mailing lists:

    Beta4 is released, and we would like to have an in deep feature testing of it.
    You can find on overview of the features that should work on the wiki:

    http://en.opensuse.org/Testing:Features_11.1 general information:
    http://en.opensuse.org/Testing

    This is also a great overview of new features for openSUSE 11.1

    If you want you can of course start right now, but we also offer support for
    that on the irc on Thursday 05.11 between 11:00 and 19:00 CET. Sorry, we can't
    cover all timezones. Some items in the featurelist are quite obvious, some not.
    We try to help figure it out in the irc, so ask if you are not sure what to do
    exactly.

    We will meet in the channel #opensuse-testing.

    We are aware that the wiki is not the best tool for it, but due the lack of
    something else which is also accessible externally we have to use it.

    Short workflow:
    - look at the topic of the channel, all ongoing tests are there ...
    - look on the wiki for a feature that's not tested:
    Test Result: idle
    - announce the number on the irc so everbody knows that somebody is working on
    it
    - the number will be in the topic
    - announce if the test are failed or worked, number will be removed from topic
    - the SUSE/Novell staff will enter it in the wiki and our internal feature
    database

    houghi
    --
    Quote correct (NL) http://www.briachons.org/art/quote/
    Zitiere richtig (DE) http://www.afaik.de/usenet/faq/zitieren

  2. Re: Call for feature testing 11.1

    I couldn't see anything in the new features about better GRUB
    integration with Vista. Does anyone know anything about it?

  3. Re: Call for feature testing 11.1

    I couldn't see anything in the new features about better GRUB
    integration with Vista. Does anyone know anything about it? Right now
    the only thing I've found to make it work is a Windoze prog called
    easyBCD. It does well, but I'd rather just have GRUB do the whole thing.

+ Reply to Thread