Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music - Suse

This is a discussion on Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music - Suse ; Hi, After an update Amarok doesn't play no more. I can load the tracks and when I start the titles, the osd shows correctly the title but the time stands still at 00:00:00. I'm running KDE 4.1 under Suse 11. ...

  1. Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    Hi,

    After an update Amarok doesn't play no more. I can load the tracks and
    when I start the titles, the osd shows correctly the title but the
    time stands still at 00:00:00. I'm running KDE 4.1 under Suse 11. Any
    idea?

    Cheers, Andi

  2. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    schotterschorsch@googlemail.com wrote:

    > After an update Amarok doesn't play no more. I can load the tracks and
    > when I start the titles, the osd shows correctly the title but the
    > time stands still at 00:00:00. I'm running KDE 4.1 under Suse 11. Any
    > idea?

    you are sure that the version is 1.4.10, and not amarok2 beta 2?
    then check if you have "amarok-yauap" or "amarok-xine" installed
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    Yes I'm sure about the version. amarok-yauap is installed.

  4. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    As I see, i have both installed, yauap and xine.

  5. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    schotterschorsch@googlemail.com wrote:

    > As I see, i have both installed, yauap and xine.

    did you choose a output?
    settings --> engine --> here Xine
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

  6. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    That did it, thanks! Yauap was activated and not xine. Don't know, why
    I didn't try before.

  7. Re: Amarok 1.4.10 doesn't play music

    schotterschorsch@googlemail.com wrote:

    This is not a flame. This is advice on how to get better help and keep
    this newsgroup clean
    Short story: Please read http://www.safalra.com/special/googlegroupsreply/

    Long story:
    Google unfortunately decided not to use the standards of quoting on
    Usenet. There are several solutions to this problem. The best is to use a
    newsreader. For Windows there is e.g. FreeAgent and for Linux there is
    Pan, Knode or slrn, among others.

    Just point your newsreader to your providers Usenet server. If they do not
    have a Usenetserver, look up a payserver, like http://giganews.com or a
    free server like news.sunsite.dk (registration required)

    Now what if you are not at home all the time and that is your reason to
    select google? Glad you asked.
    If you have a fixed connection, you can use a dyndns server to make a
    connection to your home linux machine over ssl and use anything that is
    on your home computer.
    e.g. ssh home.example.com and then run slrn. GUI interfaces are possible
    as well on any OS.
    If you are unable to keep a connection up, you can register at
    http://www.rootshell.be and then connect to there and use slrn on that
    machine. slrn is textbased and might be scary at first. As Usenet is
    text anyway, you will very fast learn how to use it and configure it.

    Only if all else fails and you have no option in using Usnet in any other
    way, including waiting till you get home, you can use Google. You can
    still quote correctly as described on the following page:

    Understand that many people already filter out google postings. So best
    look for an alternative. Usenet is not WWW. If you want WWW, look up
    a webforum. This is not a webforum.

    I sympathize with your problems, and am more than willing to help you
    solve them. To do so you should follow the correct quoting principles
    and good Netiquette explained in this FAQ available at;
    http://www.plainfaqs.org/linux/

    Until then I and many other regulars who could give you good advice
    won't do so. So in the interest of solving your problems, quote correctly
    and ask Google to reinstate the correct way of quoting.

    Remember: this was not a flame, this was helping you to get the best response
    and help possible.

    houghi
    --
    Personally, I think most sports fans are a little "gay". They'd
    rather watch a bunch of sweaty guys jumping all over eachother,

+ Reply to Thread