Missing system header files - Suse

This is a discussion on Missing system header files - Suse ; I'm using OpenSuse 11.0. If I, for example, #include , I get the error: In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:333 /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: error: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file or directory Seemingly I'm missing some devel package. I don't have the faintest idea which ...

  1. Missing system header files

    I'm using OpenSuse 11.0. If I, for example, #include , I get
    the error:

    In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:333
    /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: error: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file or directory

    Seemingly I'm missing some devel package. I don't have the faintest idea
    which one it could be. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: Missing system header files

    Juha Nieminen wrote:

    > I'm using OpenSuse 11.0. If I, for example, #include , I get
    > the error:
    >
    > In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:333
    > /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: error: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file or directory
    >
    > Seemingly I'm missing some devel package. I don't have the faintest idea
    > which one it could be. Any suggestions?

    linux-kernel-headers

    Hmm, something is screwed up, linux-kernel-headers *is* included in the
    dependencies for glibc-devel (at least it is on 10.3).

    --
    Huibert
    "Hey! HEY! Curious cat, here!" -- Krosp I (GG)

  3. Re: Missing system header files

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Juha Nieminen wrote:-

    > Seemingly I'm missing some devel package. I don't have the faintest idea
    >which one it could be. Any suggestions?

    It's in the kernel headers package so you need to install the package
    linux-kernel-headers.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32b | | openSUSE 10.3 32b | openSUSE 11.0 32b
    | openSUSE 10.2 64b | openSUSE 10.3 64b | openSUSE 11.0 64b
    RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC | RISC OS 3.11

  4. Re: Missing system header files

    Huibert Bol wrote:
    > Hmm, something is screwed up, linux-kernel-headers *is* included in the
    > dependencies for glibc-devel (at least it is on 10.3).

    It's strange. I had linux-kernel-headers installed, but not all the
    files in that package were. When I selected to update it, it installed
    the missing files.

    (I wonder if this has something to do with me having upgraded to
    OpenSuse 11.0 from 10.2.)

  5. Re: Missing system header files

    Juha Nieminen wrote:

    > Huibert Bol wrote:
    >> Hmm, something is screwed up, linux-kernel-headers *is* included in the
    >> dependencies for glibc-devel (at least it is on 10.3).

    > It's strange. I had linux-kernel-headers installed, but not all the
    > files in that package were. When I selected to update it, it installed
    > the missing files.
    >
    > (I wonder if this has something to do with me having upgraded to
    > OpenSuse 11.0 from 10.2.)

    It'd make me worry whether there were any other packages that need
    updating |-(

    --
    Huibert
    "Hey! HEY! Curious cat, here!" -- Krosp I (GG)

  6. Re: Missing system header files

    David Bolt wrote:
    >On Sat, 1 Nov 2008, Juha Nieminen wrote:-

    >> Seemingly I'm missing some devel package. I don't have the faintest idea
    >>which one it could be. Any suggestions?

    >It's in the kernel headers package so you need to install the package
    >linux-kernel-headers.

    Since signals are using in many programs, that's a bit strange.
    On the other hand, installing linux-kernel-headers in any case
    is an excellent idea.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  7. Re: Missing system header files

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:14:16 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
    wrote:

    >Since signals are using in many programs, that's a bit strange.

    Not strange at all! Signals must be handled by the kernel, the C
    library is just a wrapper for the kernel services and so the kernel
    defines a few things. And as some of these definitions are machine
    specific, you'll find them in asm/signal.h, where asm is a symlink
    your machines headers, i.e. asm-i386 or similiar.

    Philipp

+ Reply to Thread