Re: openSUSE 11.0 -- Fu-Si Esprimo V5515 NIC woes - Suse

This is a discussion on Re: openSUSE 11.0 -- Fu-Si Esprimo V5515 NIC woes - Suse ; houghi wrote on 25/06/2008: > DHCP with ndiswrapper for the wired one > The one I downloaded from the FS website is the one named > FSC_WN2303AmPCIWLANIEEE80211bg_V35056_1014542.ZIP Sorry for the slight interregnum but I was distracted for a while by ...

  1. Re: openSUSE 11.0 -- Fu-Si Esprimo V5515 NIC woes

    houghi wrote on 25/06/2008:

    > DHCP with ndiswrapper for the wired one
    > The one I downloaded from the FS website is the one named
    > FSC_WN2303AmPCIWLANIEEE80211bg_V35056_1014542.ZIP

    Sorry for the slight interregnum but I was distracted for a while by real
    life.

    I still haven't managed to get the wired network functioning although the
    card is recognised and configurable using ndiswrapper and the FS Windows
    driver (sisgbe). I can ping the laptop from itself, but that's all.

    I have now tried the wireless network (ndiswrapper and the net5211 windows
    driver form FS) and it works fine. (Incidentally, the driver you
    mentioned above is the wireless driver, not the wired one.)

    I don't think the hardware is at fault because when I installed Ubuntu
    7.04 both the wired and wireless networks function perfectly with
    ndiswrapper. I've switched the SUSE firewall off, so that's not the
    problem. Perhaps there's some secret SUSE setting I need to adjust --
    won't be the first time.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Les

  2. Re: openSUSE 11.0 -- Fu-Si Esprimo V5515 NIC woes

    Leslie Danks wrote:
    > Sorry for the slight interregnum but I was distracted for a while by real
    > life.
    >
    > I still haven't managed to get the wired network functioning although the
    > card is recognised and configurable using ndiswrapper and the FS Windows
    > driver (sisgbe). I can ping the laptop from itself, but that's all.
    >
    > I have now tried the wireless network (ndiswrapper and the net5211 windows
    > driver form FS) and it works fine. (Incidentally, the driver you
    > mentioned above is the wireless driver, not the wired one.)
    >
    > I don't think the hardware is at fault because when I installed Ubuntu
    > 7.04 both the wired and wireless networks function perfectly with
    > ndiswrapper. I've switched the SUSE firewall off, so that's not the
    > problem. Perhaps there's some secret SUSE setting I need to adjust --
    > won't be the first time.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    The wired worked out of the box with 11.0 on 10/100. I bought a giga hub
    and it does not work there. I have not had the time to test if it works
    with 11.1Beta.

    The other machines I could just put on the network and those worked.

    So perhaps it is because you have a 1G network and not a 100M network
    that causes the problem. Good to know that it is working with Ubuntu,
    because that means it can be solved.

    Please file a bug report, so people at openSUSE can fix it.

    houghi
    --
    Remind me to write an article on the compulsive reading of news. The
    theme will be that most neuroses can be traced to the unhealthy habit

  3. Re: openSUSE 11.0 -- Fu-Si Esprimo V5515 NIC woes

    houghi wrote:

    > Leslie Danks wrote:

    >> I still haven't managed to get the wired network functioning although
    >> the card is recognised and configurable using ndiswrapper and the FS
    >> Windows driver (sisgbe). I can ping the laptop from itself, but that's
    >> all.

    > The wired worked out of the box with 11.0 on 10/100. I bought a giga hub
    > and it does not work there. I have not had the time to test if it works
    > with 11.1Beta.
    >
    > The other machines I could just put on the network and those worked.
    >
    > So perhaps it is because you have a 1G network and not a 100M network
    > that causes the problem.

    Yes, I am using a D-Link DGS-1008D Gigabit Switch.

    > Good to know that it is working with Ubuntu,
    > because that means it can be solved.

    > Please file a bug report, so people at openSUSE can fix it.

    Will do.

    --
    Les

+ Reply to Thread