How to disable a static IP address of network interface - Suse

This is a discussion on How to disable a static IP address of network interface - Suse ; The network interface eth0 binds 2 static IP addresses, i.e. 192.168.1.127 and 192.168.2.127. Sometimes I want to disable one of these addresses. How to implement it in c programming? Thank you in advance!. Allen...

  1. How to disable a static IP address of network interface

    The network interface eth0 binds 2 static IP addresses, i.e.
    192.168.1.127 and 192.168.2.127. Sometimes I want to disable one of
    these addresses.

    How to implement it in c programming?
    Thank you in advance!.

    Allen

  2. Re: How to disable a static IP address of network interface

    Simplest way?

    Make a system/shell call and use;

    ifconfig ethX down

    inside a shell script that establishes which interface has what address..

    Cheers Bob

    Allen wrote:

    > How to implement it in c programming?
    > Thank you in advance!.