how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC? - Suse

This is a discussion on how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC? - Suse ; I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC. This software works fine, and it allows me to mount UNIX shared network drives onto the Windows ...

  1. how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS
    network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC. This software
    works fine, and it allows me to mount UNIX shared network drives onto
    the Windows PC system.

    I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to
    access this openSUSE system from the Windows side, I see all the
    shared drives. So I know the Interdrive NFS client software works on
    openSUSE also.

    But when I attempt to click on the drives, it says that I do not have
    permissions.

    I'm guessing that I need to go back to the openSUSE system and edit
    the /etc/hosts.allow file.

    So inside /etc/hosts, I have:

    ALL : ALL

    but I still get the same error. Any suggestions as to how to fix this
    problem? Thanks.

  2. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    Michelle wrote:

    > I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS
    > network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC. This software
    > works fine, and it allows me to mount UNIX shared network drives onto
    > the Windows PC system.
    >
    > I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to
    > access this openSUSE system from the Windows side, I see all the
    > shared drives. So I know the Interdrive NFS client software works on
    > openSUSE also.
    >
    > But when I attempt to click on the drives, it says that I do not have
    > permissions.
    >
    > I'm guessing that I need to go back to the openSUSE system and edit
    > the /etc/hosts.allow file.
    >
    > So inside /etc/hosts, I have:
    >
    > ALL : ALL
    >
    > but I still get the same error. Any suggestions as to how to fix this
    > problem? Thanks.

    Do you want make a share from the openSUSE system to a windows system over ?
    then make a nfs server share in YaST.
    open Yast - Network services - NFS server --> add the share RW.
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    EOS wrote:

    > Do you want make a share from the openSUSE system to a windows system over
    > ? then make a nfs server share in YaST.
    > open Yast - Network services - NFS server --> add the share RW.

    default instalation openSUSE OS is nfs server not installed.
    go to YaST - Software - software
    and install "yast2-nfs-server"
    http://users.telenet.be/photo-memori...-nfsserver.png
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

  4. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    On Oct 28, 11:19*am, EOS wrote:
    > EOS wrote:
    > > Do you want make a share from the openSUSE system to a windows system over
    > > ? then make a nfs server share in YaST.
    > > open Yast - Network services - NFS server --> add the share RW.

    > default instalation openSUSE OS is nfs server not installed.
    > go to YaST - Software - software
    > and install "yast2-nfs-server"http://users.telenet.be/photo-memories/img/YaST/yst-nfsserver.png
    > --
    > EOSwww.photo-memories.be
    > Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

    The network drive on the openSUSE system was correctly shared out.
    Also, NFS SERVER was installed and turned on.
    I know this because from a client openSUSE system, I can mount that
    shared network drive to this client system.

    The problem is that when I'm from a Windows PC, I see the shared
    openSUSE network drive, but can't access it. I get a "permission
    denied" error.

  5. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    Michelle wrote:

    > The network drive on the openSUSE system was correctly shared out.
    > Also, NFS SERVER was installed and turned on.
    > I know this because from a client openSUSE system, I can mount that
    > shared network drive to this client system.
    >
    > The problem is that when I'm from a Windows PC, I see the shared
    > openSUSE network drive, but can't access it. *I get a "permission
    > denied" error.

    OK, sorry can't help you with nfs share on windows.
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

  6. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    Michelle wrote:
    > I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to
    > access this openSUSE system from the Windows side, I see all the
    > shared drives. So I know the Interdrive NFS client software works on
    > openSUSE also.
    >
    > But when I attempt to click on the drives, it says that I do not have
    > permissions.
    >
    > I'm guessing that I need to go back to the openSUSE system and edit
    > the /etc/hosts.allow file.
    >
    > So inside /etc/hosts, I have:
    >
    > ALL : ALL
    >
    > but I still get the same error. Any suggestions as to how to fix this
    > problem? Thanks.

    Did the new install change your password file location?

    Alastair

  7. Re: how to mount openSUSE share drives to Windows PC?

    Michelle wrote:
    > On Oct 28, 11:19 am, EOS wrote:
    >> EOS wrote:
    >>> Do you want make a share from the openSUSE system to a windows system over
    >>> ? then make a nfs server share in YaST.
    >>> open Yast - Network services - NFS server --> add the share RW.

    >> default instalation openSUSE OS is nfs server not installed.
    >> go to YaST - Software - software
    >> and install "yast2-nfs-server"http://users.telenet.be/photo-memories/img/YaST/yst-nfsserver.png
    >> --
    >> EOSwww.photo-memories.be
    >> Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

    > The network drive on the openSUSE system was correctly shared out.
    > Also, NFS SERVER was installed and turned on.
    > I know this because from a client openSUSE system, I can mount that
    > shared network drive to this client system.
    >
    > The problem is that when I'm from a Windows PC, I see the shared
    > openSUSE network drive, but can't access it. I get a "permission
    > denied" error.

    what does your /etc/export file look like ?

    Ram

+ Reply to Thread