permission error when mounting openSUSE drive to Windows PC - Suse

This is a discussion on permission error when mounting openSUSE drive to Windows PC - Suse ; I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC. I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to access this openSUSE ...

  1. permission error when mounting openSUSE drive to Windows PC

    I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS
    network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC.

    I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to
    access this openSUSE system from the Windows side, I see all the
    shared drives.

    But when I attempt to click on the drives, it says that I do not have
    permissions.

    I'm guessing that I need to go back to the openSUSE system and edit
    the /etc/hosts.allow file.

    Is this correct? And if so, what is the syntax I need to put in that
    file? Thanks.

  2. Re: permission error when mounting openSUSE drive to Windows PC

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:34:44 -0700, Michelle typed this message:

    > I have the Interdrive NFS client software. I use this to mount NFS
    > network drives from a Solaris system to a Windows PC.
    >
    > I just installed the openSUSE 11 system onto my network. When I try to
    > access this openSUSE system from the Windows side, I see all the shared
    > drives.
    >
    > But when I attempt to click on the drives, it says that I do not have
    > permissions.
    >
    > I'm guessing that I need to go back to the openSUSE system and edit the
    > /etc/hosts.allow file.
    >
    > Is this correct? And if so, what is the syntax I need to put in that
    > file? Thanks.

    Use Yast2 to setup your NFS server shared directories.

    I think you need to add numbered FSIDs to the share options, FSID=0,
    FSID=1, etc.

    /home 192.168.0.0/24(fsid=0,rw,root_squash,sync,no_subtree_check)

+ Reply to Thread