SuSE 11.0 KTorrent - Suse

This is a discussion on SuSE 11.0 KTorrent - Suse ; Hi all. I had a problem with KTorrent installed on my SuSE 11.0 system. Sometimes it just eats up resources, and drives my CPU usage up to 90% for some torrents. After searching around I found that the version supplied ...

  1. SuSE 11.0 KTorrent

    Hi all.

    I had a problem with KTorrent installed on my SuSE 11.0 system.
    Sometimes it just eats up resources, and drives my CPU usage up to 90%
    for some torrents. After searching around I found that the version
    supplied with SuSE 11.0 had an infinite loop of failed DNS lookups in
    the UDP tracker code.

    My advice is for all is to go to http://ktorrent.org/ and download the
    latest version, which has this issue resolved. It worked for me.

    Ahmed Samir
    http://www.am4computers.com

  2. Re: SuSE 11.0 KTorrent

    On 2008-10-22, Bondok wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I had a problem with KTorrent installed on my SuSE 11.0 system.
    > Sometimes it just eats up resources, and drives my CPU usage up to 90%
    > for some torrents. After searching around I found that the version
    > supplied with SuSE 11.0 had an infinite loop of failed DNS lookups in
    > the UDP tracker code.
    >
    > My advice is for all is to go to http://ktorrent.org/ and download the
    > latest version, which has this issue resolved. It worked for me.
    >
    > Ahmed Samir
    > http://www.am4computers.com

    I had that problem, too.
    I have the Packman repo available, so my current one is from there, the
    version is 3.1.4.

    CPU load is 2% now for a few days.

    The funny thing is that I was using Azureus and then Vuze for years till
    it hit this same behaviour.

    I posted here about it a few days ago but got no response.

    I went to Ktorrent which was fine but then it hit this, too.

    Now Ktorrent is fine, Vuze is "on hold" till the next version.
    Normally Packman launches a version almost every week, so I'm sure this
    will sort itself out soon.

    Great to hear what obviously has been causing it.

    --
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    "There will come a time when every evil

  3. Re: SuSE 11.0 KTorrent

    Bondok wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I had a problem with KTorrent installed on my SuSE 11.0 system.
    > Sometimes it just eats up resources, and drives my CPU usage up to 90%
    > for some torrents. After searching around I found that the version
    > supplied with SuSE 11.0 had an infinite loop of failed DNS lookups in
    > the UDP tracker code.
    >
    > My advice is for all is to go to http://ktorrent.org/ and download the
    > latest version, which has this issue resolved. It worked for me.

    Have you informed openSUSE about this? Just file a bugreport and then
    wait.

    houghi
    --
    For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I
    have good luck and write better than I can.

  4. Re: SuSE 11.0 KTorrent

    Bondok schreef:

    > My advice is for all is to go to http://ktorrent.org/ and download the
    > latest version, which has this issue resolved. It worked for me.

    And one day later packman updated his ktorrent package and all is well.
    Before you give such advise, make sure your system is up to date.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

+ Reply to Thread