How can I deinstall... - Suse

This is a discussion on How can I deinstall... - Suse ; OpenSUSE. I tried with deleting LINUX particions but than I have an GRUB error. -- _ _ Andrei Zvonimir Crnkovic -Sluzbeni prevoditelj KDE 4.0- a.z.crnkovic@gmail.com eit-hr.co.nr...

  1. How can I deinstall...

    --

    _ _
    Andrei Zvonimir Crnkovic
    -Sluzbeni prevoditelj KDE 4.0-
    a.z.crnkovic@gmail.com
    eit-hr.co.nr

  2. Re: How can I deinstall...

    Andrei Zvonimir Crnkovic wrote:
    > OpenSUSE. I tried with deleting LINUX particions but than I have an GRUB
    > error.

    Boot into Windows (or whatever other O/S you got), restore the
    original MBR (in Windows, from a command prompt, enter:
    fdisk /mbr
    ) and THEN remove all Linux partitions.
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  3. Re: How can I deinstall...

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:46:13 +0200, Andrei Zvonimir Crnkovic wrote:

    > OpenSUSE. I tried with deleting LINUX particions but than I have an GRUB
    > error.

    That's correct. To this point, after deleting the partitions, you have not
    rewritten the MBR. Simply go ahead and install what you want to install.

+ Reply to Thread