wlan0 disappeared... - Suse

This is a discussion on wlan0 disappeared... - Suse ; I just installed bcmwl6.inf and then restarted my computer and I don't see wlan0 now as an input from iwconfig. What could cause this? lsmod displays ndiswrapper but not bcm43xx. Also, ndiswrapper -l lists the following: bcmwl6: driver installed device(14E4:4311) ...

  1. wlan0 disappeared...

    I just installed bcmwl6.inf and then restarted my computer and I don't
    see wlan0 now as an input from iwconfig. What could cause this?
    lsmod displays ndiswrapper but not bcm43xx. Also, ndiswrapper -l
    lists the following:

    bcmwl6: driver installed
    device(14E4:4311) present (alternate driver: ssb)

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: wlan0 disappeared...

    nouveauricheinvestments@gmail.com wrote in news:a1b1f32f-77fc-475f-ac1f-
    157a6ea9de0e@u40g2000pru.googlegroups.com:

    > I just installed bcmwl6.inf and then restarted my computer and I don't
    > see wlan0 now as an input from iwconfig. What could cause this?
    > lsmod displays ndiswrapper but not bcm43xx. Also, ndiswrapper -l
    > lists the following:
    >
    > bcmwl6: driver installed
    > device(14E4:4311) present (alternate driver: ssb)
    >
    > Any ideas?

    I just learned over in the Ubuntu newsgroup that Broadcom has just released
    (last week) linux native Broadcom 43xx driver....

+ Reply to Thread