alternative for virtualbox - Suse

This is a discussion on alternative for virtualbox - Suse ; I'm a long term user of vmware software, but we didn't upgrade the workstation versions for several years. The existing windoze XP virtual machine once created runs with vmplayer, but some time ago I needed more virtual diskspace which is ...

  1. alternative for virtualbox

    I'm a long term user of vmware software, but we didn't upgrade the
    workstation versions for several years. The existing windoze XP virtual
    machine once created runs with vmplayer, but some time ago I needed more
    virtual diskspace which is not possible with vmplayer.
    I played a bit with virtualbox but this is clearly not as good as vmware
    software.
    A bit of searching gave me this excellent link:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/vmmanager/
    This program is unfortunately in french, it's written in Pascal (incredible)
    and last but not least only for windoze.
    anyway, the program runs fine in wine and can be used to create a virtual
    machine and extend virtual disks. Super!!
    After modification or creation you just continue with vmplayer.

    Taco

  2. Re: alternative for virtualbox

    taco turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > anyway, the program runs fine in wine and can be used to create a virtual
    > machine and extend virtual disks

    thanks for the link - interesting

    government is a process which utilizes 45.5% gut reaction, 45.5% laws and
    statutes and 1% logic

+ Reply to Thread