ws2003 & samba - Suse

This is a discussion on ws2003 & samba - Suse ; i try add windows server 2003 to samba domain. useradd -d /dev/null -g computers -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false ws1$ i rename Computer Name to ws1 and change domain to MYDOMAIN it prompt for user name and password, and after ...

  1. ws2003 & samba

    i try add windows server 2003 to samba domain.

    useradd -d /dev/null -g computers -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false ws1$

    i rename Computer Name to ws1 and change domain to MYDOMAIN

    it prompt for user name and password, and after that get

    "Computer Name Changes. The following error occurred attempting to join the
    domain MYDOMAIN. The specified user does not exists."

    what can be problem? tnx

  2. Re: ws2003 & samba

    samba schreef:
    > i try add windows server 2003 to samba domain.
    >
    > useradd -d /dev/null -g computers -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false ws1$
    >
    > i rename Computer Name to ws1 and change domain to MYDOMAIN
    >
    > it prompt for user name and password, and after that get
    >
    > "Computer Name Changes. The following error occurred attempting to join the
    > domain MYDOMAIN. The specified user does not exists."
    >
    > what can be problem? tnx

    You should also add wsl$ to your smbpassword file with
    smbpasswd -a wsl$

    Kind regards,

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra

  3. Re: ws2003 & samba

    Jan Gerrit Kootstra turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > samba schreef:
    >> i try add windows server 2003 to samba domain.
    >>
    >> useradd -d /dev/null -g computers -c 'Machine Account' -s /bin/false ws1$
    >>
    >> i rename Computer Name to ws1 and change domain to MYDOMAIN
    >>
    >> it prompt for user name and password, and after that get
    >>
    >> "Computer Name Changes. The following error occurred attempting to join
    >> the domain MYDOMAIN. The specified user does not exists."
    >>
    >> what can be problem? tnx

    > You should also add wsl$ to your smbpassword file with
    > smbpasswd -a wsl$

    You might also have to chnge a few settings on the W2K3 box. I was at a
    Novell/MS presentation yesterday where they went over setting up SLED on a
    Win2K3 domain. I don't remember the details, but there were config settings
    on both sides.

    government is a process which utilizes 45.5% gut reaction, 45.5% laws and
    statutes and 1% logic

+ Reply to Thread