gimp 2.6 - Suse

This is a discussion on gimp 2.6 - Suse ; Hi all, as you may know gimp 2.6 is out: http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6..html Do you know in which semi-official/unofficial openSuse repository can I expect to find a binary? I prefer to keep my list of repositories as short as possible; I've searched ...

  1. gimp 2.6

    Hi all,
    as you may know gimp 2.6 is out: http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6..html

    Do you know in which semi-official/unofficial openSuse repository can
    I expect to find a binary? I prefer to keep my list of repositories as
    short as possible; I've searched a bit on the wiki╣ but none of the
    listed sources seems promising at a first glance.

    Thank you in advance, Lorenzo

    (1) http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_Ya...e_Repositories

  2. Re: gimp 2.6

    paulatz wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > as you may know gimp 2.6 is out:
    > http://www.gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6.html
    >
    > Do you know in which semi-official/unofficial openSuse repository can
    > I expect to find a binary? I prefer to keep my list of repositories as
    > short as possible; I've searched a bit on the wiki┬╣ but none of the
    > listed sources seems promising at a first glance.
    >
    > Thank you in advance, Lorenzo
    >

    > (1) http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_Ya...e_Repositories

    over this site i found 2.6 gimp
    http://software.opensuse.org/search?...ect=ALL&q=gimp

    Note: not tested, not installed the gimp 2.6 yet.
    I wait until it is in the official repo's ;-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: gimp 2.6

    EOS wrote:
    > over this site i found 2.6 gimp
    > http://software.opensuse.org/search?...ect=ALL&q=gimp

    As there are 31 pages, it would have been nice to tell us where exactly.
    If you narrow the search down to 11.0, you get 9 pages and then you get
    http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/hom..._11.0/gimp.ymp

    So no official release yet.

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  4. Re: gimp 2.6

    houghi wrote:

    > EOS wrote:
    >> over this site i found 2.6 gimp
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/search?...ect=ALL&q=gimp

    > As there are 31 pages, it would have been nice to tell us where exactly.
    > If you narrow the search down to 11.0, you get 9 pages and then you get
    > http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/hom..._11.0/gimp.ymp
    >
    > So no official release yet.
    >
    > houghi

    lol, I was just about to ask what page it was on.

    Hopefully a openSUSE 10.3 packages will be made available. I tried
    installing the 11.0 and looks like 11.0 using glibc 2.7?

    --
    Chris

  5. Re: gimp 2.6

    houghi wrote:

    > As there are 31 pages, it would have been nice to tell us where exactly.
    > If you narrow the search down to 11.0, you get 9 pages and then you get
    > http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/hom..._11.0/gimp.ymp

    there are 2 rpm's of 2.6 therefor i was not telling where to find......
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.10 / openSUSE 11.0

  6. Re: gimp 2.6

    EOS wrote:

    > houghi wrote:
    >
    >> As there are 31 pages, it would have been nice to tell us where exactly.
    >> If you narrow the search down to 11.0, you get 9 pages and then you get
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/hom..._11.0/gimp.ymp

    > there are 2 rpm's of 2.6 therefor i was not telling where to find......

    Because it is illegal to post two URLs at the same time?

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  7. Re: gimp 2.6

    houghi wrote:
    > EOS wrote:
    >> over this site i found 2.6 gimp
    >> http://software.opensuse.org/search?...ect=ALL&q=gimp

    > As there are 31 pages, it would have been nice to tell us where exactly.
    > If you narrow the search down to 11.0, you get 9 pages and then you get
    > http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/hom..._11.0/gimp.ymp
    >
    > So no official release yet.

    Hello. I am an idiot. I should have thought better. openSUSE does not do
    upgrades, so do not expect any official version for 11.0 and below.
    Factory obvious has it and 11.1 will have it (unless there is a GIMP 2.8
    out by then)

    So the one form decriptor is the best shotm unless somebody else does
    the same.

    houghi
    --
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die in Iraq?
    How do you ask a man to be the last man to die for a mistake?

  8. Re: gimp 2.6

    On 2 Ott, 21:36, houghi wrote:
    > openSUSE does not do upgrades, so do not expect any official version for 11.0

    that's why I was asking for an unofficial one!

    > So the one form decriptor is the best shotm unless somebody else does
    > the same.

    Now there is one from hfiguiere too, I don't know who is better, so
    I've just installed from descriptor. It seems to work all right.

    Thank you all for the liks, I had never thought of using software.opensuse.org/> in that way.

    bye

  9. Re: gimp 2.6

    paulatz wrote:
    > Thank you all for the liks, I had never thought of using > software.opensuse.org/> in that way.

    I use that (it is now in the search for Firefox as well) first and if I
    can't find it http://packages.opensuse-community.org/

    I start to find it easier then using YaST. Installing it is with either
    zypper if I know the repo is already there or with OCICLI (One Click
    Install CLI) if I use the ymp link.

    It is so easy that one click installer, even a Windows, no wait, even a
    Mac user can do it. :-D

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

  10. Re: gimp 2.6

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...imedia:/photo/
    --
    Chris Maaskant