Firefox plugin !!! - Suse

This is a discussion on Firefox plugin !!! - Suse ; Hi all. I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG picture on a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the picture again. Thanks in advance. Al...

  1. Firefox plugin !!!

    Hi all.

    I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG picture on
    a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the
    picture again.

    Thanks in advance. Al

  2. Re: Firefox plugin !!!

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:23:28 +0200, A C wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG
    > picture on
    > a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the
    > picture again.
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Al

    With most pictures, if you right click a menu will present with an option
    to 'save image'. Some try to obfuscate and need a bit more work!

    Keith

  3. Re: Firefox plugin !!!

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:23:28 +0200, A C wrote:

    > Hi all.
    >
    > I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG
    > picture on
    > a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the
    > picture again.
    >
    > Thanks in advance. Al

    The best way of doing that is to open the info window (ctrl-i) or tools-
    >Page Info or right click->View Page Info. If the image is on a frame you

    need to view frame info. In any case, once you have the info panel up,
    click on the media tab and locate the image via the preview pane. Hit the
    'Save As' button and your done.

    This works even for images that are specified as element images via css.
    Essentially, every image that was downloaded to compose the page will be
    listed.

    regards,
    Frank Ranner

  4. Re: Firefox plugin !!!

    A C wrote:
    > I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG picture on
    > a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the
    > picture again.

    Install a proxy server. It might need some serious tweaking as many
    webpages are build dynamicaly.

    houghi
    --
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done,
    and why. Then do it.

  5. Re: Firefox plugin !!!

    Frank Ranner wrote:

    > On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 23:23:28 +0200, A C wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all.
    >>
    >> I am sitting on a slow link, occasionally I want to save a JPEG
    >> picture on
    >> a page in firefox. Is it possible to do this without downloading the
    >> picture again.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance. Al

    > The best way of doing that is to open the info window (ctrl-i) or tools-
    >>Page Info or right click->View Page Info. If the image is on a frame you

    > need to view frame info. In any case, once you have the info panel up,
    > click on the media tab and locate the image via the preview pane. Hit the
    > 'Save As' button and your done.
    >
    > This works even for images that are specified as element images via css.
    > Essentially, every image that was downloaded to compose the page will be
    > listed.
    >
    > regards,
    > Frank Ranner

    Thanks a lot, that solved the question.