XWIN-32 And OpenSuSE 11 - Suse

This is a discussion on XWIN-32 And OpenSuSE 11 - Suse ; I am having trouble getting XWIN-32 (X server), and OpenSuSE11 to work. I have not made any changes to the SuSE install, but when I start XWIN-32, I get a blank screen. Do I need to run xauth or something ...

  1. XWIN-32 And OpenSuSE 11

    I am having trouble getting XWIN-32 (X server), and OpenSuSE11 to work. I
    have not made any changes to the SuSE install, but when I start XWIN-32, I
    get a blank screen.

    Do I need to run xauth or something like that on Linux?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: XWIN-32 And OpenSuSE 11

    The carbonbased lifeform Perry Aynum inspired alt.os.linux.suse with:
    > I am having trouble getting XWIN-32 (X server), and OpenSuSE11 to work. I
    > have not made any changes to the SuSE install, but when I start XWIN-32, I
    > get a blank screen.

    Have you told this XWIN32 the IP address and display number of the X
    client?

    > Do I need to run xauth or something like that on Linux?

    No, but unless you want to run single X applications you do need to run
    a Display Manager, i.e, {X,K,G}DM. with remote connects enabled.

    Btw: the NoMachine (NX) prtocol works much better than X over the
    network. Install the NX server on your Linux box and the (free) NX
    client on the Windows machine and be amazed by the responsiveness, even
    over a medium speed ADSL line.

    Theo
    --
    theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
    linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB

  3. Re: XWIN-32 And OpenSuSE 11

    > Btw: the NoMachine (NX) prtocol works much better than X over the
    > network. Install the NX server on your Linux box and the (free) NX
    > client on the Windows machine and be amazed by the responsiveness, even
    > over a medium speed ADSL line.

    Thanks. I had forgotten about NX. I used it a few years ago and it worked
    great. I am just now getting back into Linux due to project requirements.

+ Reply to Thread