Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play - Suse

This is a discussion on Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play - Suse ; http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the plugin. What plugin? It ...

  1. Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
    my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
    Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
    plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
    page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
    my aboutlugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  2. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:16:57 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:

    > http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
    > my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
    > Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
    > plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
    > page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
    > my aboutlugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

    aboutlugins on my machine gives
    Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible

    File name: npwrapper.nphelix.so
    Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.626
    built with gcc 3.3.3 on Jul 26 2007

    also

    RealPlayer 9

    File name: mplayerplug-in-rm.so
    mplayerplug-in 3.50

    unfortunately
    rpm -qf /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so
    gives
    file /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so is not owned by any
    package
    so I don't know where you go from there.
    I don't recall doing anything special.
    I should go to mozilla.org. and browse the plugins available for linux
    there.

  3. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    Blattus Slafaly wrote:

    > http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

    what happens if you use konqueror for the above web site

  4. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    darklight wrote:
    > Blattus Slafaly wrote:
    >
    >> http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

    > what happens if you use konqueror for the above web site

    Nothing. No errors, no live play. To the right of the window an
    advertisement to download realplayer - free download. I already have
    realplayer.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

  5. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    graham wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:16:57 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:
    >
    >> http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
    >> my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
    >> Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
    >> plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
    >> page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
    >> my aboutlugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

    > aboutlugins on my machine gives
    > Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible
    >
    > File name: npwrapper.nphelix.so
    > Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible version 0.4.0.626
    > built with gcc 3.3.3 on Jul 26 2007
    >
    > also
    >
    > RealPlayer 9
    >
    > File name: mplayerplug-in-rm.so
    > mplayerplug-in 3.50
    >
    > unfortunately
    > rpm -qf /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so
    > gives
    > file /usr/lib64/browser-plugins/npwrapper.nphelix.so is not owned by any
    > package
    > so I don't know where you go from there.
    > I don't recall doing anything special.
    > I should go to mozilla.org. and browse the plugins available for linux
    > there.

    This is my aboutlugins

    Installed plugins
    Find more information about browser plugins at mozilla.org.
    Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
    OpenSC Signer plugin

    File name: opensc-signer.so
    This plugins handles web signatures using OpenSC smart card library.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    text/x-text-to-sign Text to be signed sgn Yes
    NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 1.0.0

    File name: npwrapper.so
    nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in
    particular for linux/i386 plugins.
    This software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public
    License.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    unknown/mime-type Do not open none Yes
    Shockwave Flash

    File name: libswfdecmozilla.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r100

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie swf Yes
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie spl Yes
    Shockwave Flash

    File name: libgnashplugin.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999. Gnash 0.8.3, the GNU Flash Player.
    Copyright © 2006, 2007, 2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    Gnash comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You
    may redistribute copies of Gnash under the terms of the GNU General
    Public License. For more information about Gnash, see
    http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash. Compatible Shockwave Flash 9.0 r999.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf Yes
    Totem Web Browser Plugin 2.22.0

    File name: libtotem-basic-plugin.so
    The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-ogg - ogg Yes
    application/ogg Xiph Ogg/Vorbis/Theora content ogg Yes
    audio/ogg Ogg Audio oga Yes
    audio/x-ogg Ogg Audio ogg Yes
    video/ogg Ogg Video ogv Yes
    video/x-ogg Ogg Video ogg Yes
    application/annodex - anx Yes
    audio/annodex - axa Yes
    video/annodex - axv Yes
    video/mpeg MPEG video mpg, mpeg, mpe Yes
    audio/wav WAV Audio wav Yes
    audio/x-wav WAV Audio wav Yes
    audio/mpeg MP3 Audio mp3 Yes
    application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 NullSoft video nsv Yes
    video/flv Flash video flv Yes
    VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem 2.22.0)

    File name: libtotem-cone-plugin.so
    The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-vlc-plugin unknown Yes
    application/vlc unknown Yes
    video/x-google-vlc-plugin unknown Yes
    Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem)

    File name: libtotem-gmp-plugin.so
    The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-mplayer2 AVI video avi, wma, wmv Yes
    video/x-ms-asf-plugin ASF video asf, wmv Yes
    video/x-msvideo AVI video asf, wmv Yes
    video/x-ms-asf ASF video asf Yes
    video/x-ms-wmv Windows Media video wmv Yes
    video/x-wmv Windows Media video wmv Yes
    video/x-ms-wvx Microsoft ASX playlist wmv Yes
    video/x-ms-wm ASF video wmv Yes
    application/x-ms-wms Windows Media video wms Yes
    application/asx Microsoft ASX playlist asx Yes
    audio/x-ms-wma Windows Media audio wma Yes
    DivX® Web Player

    File name: libtotem-mully-plugin.so
    DivX Web Player version 1.4.0.233

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    video/divx AVI video divx Yes
    QuickTime Plug-in 7.2.0

    File name: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
    The Totem 2.22.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    video/quicktime QuickTime video mov Yes
    video/mp4 MPEG-4 video mp4 Yes
    image/x-macpaint MacPaint Bitmap image pntg Yes
    image/x-quicktime QuickTime image pict, pict1, pict2 Yes
    video/x-m4v MPEG-4 video m4v Yes
    GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) 1.2

    File name: gcjwebplugin.so
    The GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea) executes Java applets.

    MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
    application/x-java-vm IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;version=1.6 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_00 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;version=1.6 IcedTea class,jar Yes
    application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.6.0_00 IcedTea class,jar Yes

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ف ٣

  6. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:16:57 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:

    > http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
    > my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
    > Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
    > plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
    > page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
    > my aboutlugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

    VIEWING RESTRICTIONS

    Due to copyright and distribution restrictions, not all viewers will be
    able to access all our video services. If the free player is not
    available please try our subscription partners. We are constantly working
    to add new territories and agreements to the service so if the video you
    want is not available, please check back regularly to see when your
    country can access Al Jazeera video online.

  7. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    Testy wrote:
    > On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:16:57 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:
    >
    >> http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on
    >> my laptop. I have the latest Firefox 3.0.2 and the latest Helix 11.0 and
    >> Realplayer 11.0. Keeps giving me the message that I need to download the
    >> plugin. What plugin? It just sends me back to the Realplayer download
    >> page. Why this vicious circle? True I do not have realplayer listed in
    >> my aboutlugins listing on Firefox. Where is the god damn plugin?

    > VIEWING RESTRICTIONS
    >
    > Due to copyright and distribution restrictions, not all viewers will be
    > able to access all our video services. If the free player is not
    > available please try our subscription partners. We are constantly working
    > to add new territories and agreements to the service so if the video you
    > want is not available, please check back regularly to see when your
    > country can access Al Jazeera video online.

    My desktop computer works fine.

    --
    Blattus Slafaly ف ٣

  8. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    Blattus Slafaly wrote:
    > http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on

    [...]

    When I clicked inside the box, 'mplayerplug-in' kicked in and I could
    watch it.

    I do have 'RealPlayer' installed, though it was not used. This does
    not help with regard to this player, but if you just want to watch it ...

  9. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    Taki wrote:
    > Blattus Slafaly wrote:
    >> http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/ I can't get this site to play on

    > [...]
    >
    > When I clicked inside the box, 'mplayerplug-in' kicked in and I could
    > watch it.
    >
    > I do have 'RealPlayer' installed, though it was not used. This does
    > not help with regard to this player, but if you just want to watch it ...

    When I do that it shows the addresses, downloads and stops. When I hit
    start it repeats, shows the addresses, downloads and stops.
    Loop de loop.

  10. Re: Realplayer 10 or 11 fails to play

    On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 09:08:21 -0400, Blattus Slafaly wrote:

    snip

    > This is my aboutlugins

    snip

    I did of course snip all information not relevent to the original query.

+ Reply to Thread