VitualBox 2.0.2 Guest Additions - Suse

This is a discussion on VitualBox 2.0.2 Guest Additions - Suse ; I am just installed openSUSE 11 on VirtualBOX 2.0.2 but I am having problems with the guest additions. I keep getting the error “install the build and header files for your current kernel” and “Please install the GNU compiler” I ...

  1. VitualBox 2.0.2 Guest Additions

    I am just installed openSUSE 11 on VirtualBOX 2.0.2 but I am having
    problems with the guest additions. I keep getting the error “install
    the build and header files for your current kernel” and “Please
    install the GNU compiler”
    I installed the following packages using YaST:

    Make (GNU make)
    cross-i386-gcc-icecream-backend (The GNU C compiler and support files)
    linux-kernel-headers (Linux Kernel Headers)

    After installing the packages I still get the mentioned error. Can
    anybody please tell me what I am missing?

  2. Re: VitualBox 2.0.2 Guest Additions

    On Sep 25, 12:39*pm, Artificer wrote:
    > I am just installed openSUSE 11 on VirtualBOX 2.0.2 but I am having
    > problems with the guest additions. I keep getting the error “install
    > the build and header files for your current kernel” and “Please
    > install the GNU compiler”
    > I installed the following packages using YaST:
    >
    > Make (GNU make)
    > cross-i386-gcc-icecream-backend (The GNU C compiler and support files)
    > linux-kernel-headers (Linux Kernel Headers)
    >
    > After installing the packages I still get the mentioned error. Can
    > anybody please tell me what I am missing?

    False alarm! The compiler was not properly installed. I fix the
    problem with it and the addition installed perfectly!

+ Reply to Thread