KNode question - Suse

This is a discussion on KNode question - Suse ; Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies for use when not connected? Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course. T.I.A....

  1. KNode question

    Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies for use
    when not connected?

    Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course.

    T.I.A.

  2. Re: KNode question

    Polly the Parrot wrote in

    > Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies for
    > use when not connected?
    >
    > Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course.
    >
    > T.I.A.

    http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php

  3. Re: KNode question

    On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 02:16:57 +0000 (UTC) propman wrote:

    > > Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies for
    > > use when not connected?
    > >
    > > Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course.
    > >
    > > T.I.A.

    > http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php

    Thanks for the help!

  4. Re: KNode question

    * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > Polly the Parrot wrote in
    >
    >> Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies for
    >> use when not connected?
    >>
    >> Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course.
    >>
    >> T.I.A.

    > http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php

    Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of a tool
    like Leafnode.

    --
    David

  5. Re: KNode question

    SINNER wrote:
    > Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of a tool
    > like Leafnode.

    And leafnode is pretty easy to install and use.

    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe

  6. Re: KNode question

    SINNER wrote in
    news:Xns9B246DAD9F951louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130:

    > * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:
    >
    >> Polly the Parrot wrote in
    >>
    >>> Can KNode newsreader be used offline - i.e download article bodies
    >>> for use when not connected?
    >>>
    >>> Can't seem to find that option - if it does exist, of course.
    >>>
    >>> T.I.A.

    >> http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php
    >>

    > Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of a
    > tool like Leafnode.

    Immaterial....OP didn't inquire about using additional app.

    Next time please, address the OP's original message rather than nit-
    picking in my direction.

  7. Re: KNode question

    * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > SINNER wrote in
    > news:Xns9B246DAD9F951louiscypherhellorg@140.99.99. 130:
    >
    >> * propman wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:
    >>
    >>> Polly the Parrot wrote in

    >>> http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php
    >>>

    >> Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of a
    >> tool like Leafnode.
    >>

    > Immaterial....OP didn't inquire about using additional app.
    >
    > Next time please, address the OP's original message rather than nit-
    > picking in my direction.

    I didnt nitpick. I stated that the KNODE FAQ was inaccurate. The OP
    inquired if KNODE could be used offline, the answer is, yes, it can and I
    provided the how.

    --
    David

  8. Re: KNode question

    propman wrote:
    >>> http://knode.sourceforge.net/faq.php

    >> Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of a
    >> tool like Leafnode.

    > Immaterial....OP didn't inquire about using additional app.
    >
    > Next time please, address the OP's original message rather than nit-
    > picking in my direction.

    Did you write the faq? Because I think he was refering to that.

    I just looked up the FAQ and there is (now?) a reference to use
    leafnode. If the FAQ was updated in the meantime, great for them. If the
    FAQ was trhe same and with the reference to leafnode, you basicaly both
    gave the same answer.

    houghi
    --
    Theologians can pursuade themselves of anything. Anyone who can worship
    a trinity and insists that his religion is a monotheism can believe
    anything -- just give him time to rationalize it.
    Robert A. Heinlein, JOB: A Comedy of Justice

  9. Re: KNode question

    SINNER wrote:
    > I didnt nitpick. I stated that the KNODE FAQ was inaccurate. The OP
    > inquired if KNODE could be used offline, the answer is, yes, it can and I
    > provided the how.

    From the FAQ:
    1.1 Can I use KNode as an offline newsreader?
    Not yet. Offline support will be eventually added in a later release.
    Until then we recommend to use a local newsserver like Leafnode. This
    solution has some advantages, especially in multi-user environments.

    Looks pretty accurate to me.

    houghi
    --
    The whole principle [of censorship] is wrong. It's like demanding that
    grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak.

  10. Re: KNode question

    houghi wrote in

    >>> Inaccurate. ANY reader can be an offline reader with the addition of

    >>> tool like Leafnode.

    >> Immaterial....OP didn't inquire about using additional app.
    >>
    >> Next time please, address the OP's original message rather than nit-
    >> picking in my direction.

    > Did you write the faq? Because I think he was refering to that.

    Nope but I was the person who sent along the FAQ URL to the OP.

    > I just looked up the FAQ and there is (now?) a reference to use
    > leafnode. If the FAQ was updated in the meantime, great for them. If

    the
    > FAQ was trhe same and with the reference to leafnode, you basicaly

    both
    > gave the same answer.
    >
    > houghi

    And obviously Sinner didn't bother reading it.....EOT AFAIAC.

  11. Re: KNode question

    propman wrote:
    >>> Next time please, address the OP's original message rather than nit-
    >>> picking in my direction.

    >> Did you write the faq? Because I think he was refering to that.

    > Nope but I was the person who sent along the FAQ URL to the OP.

    I fail to see how he was nitpicking in your direction. I think he was
    (wrongfully) nitpicking at the direction of the FAQ.

    houghi
    --
    The whole principle [of censorship] is wrong. It's like demanding that
    grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein in "The Man Who Sold the Moon"

  12. Re: KNode question

    * houghi wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > SINNER wrote:
    >> I didnt nitpick. I stated that the KNODE FAQ was inaccurate. The OP
    >> inquired if KNODE could be used offline, the answer is, yes, it can
    >> and I provided the how.

    > From the FAQ:
    > 1.1 Can I use KNode as an offline newsreader?
    > Not yet. Offline support will be eventually added in a later release.
    > Until then we recommend to use a local newsserver like Leafnode. This
    > solution has some advantages, especially in multi-user environments.
    >
    > Looks pretty accurate to me.
    >
    > houghi

    Wasnt there when I checked it, if it was, apologies but I read it first.
    Not like its a long drawn out explanation.

    --
    David

+ Reply to Thread