How to enable suid perl in SUSE? - Suse

This is a discussion on How to enable suid perl in SUSE? - Suse ; Hi, excuse me by write in poor english, I don't know your language. I hope you can help me. I'm trying run qmail-scanner, an script wich require suid perl enable. I'm getting this message by configure script: (...) Testing suid ...

  1. How to enable suid perl in SUSE?

    Hi,

    excuse me by write in poor english, I don't know your language. I hope
    you can help me.

    I'm trying run qmail-scanner, an script wich require suid perl enable.
    I'm getting this message by configure script:

    (...)
    Testing suid nature of /usr/bin/perl...
    Whoa - broken perl install found.
    Cannot even run a simple script setuid

    You will either have to correct this
    or use the C-wrapper within the ./contrib dir
    (...)

    The FAQ say:
    "# Can't do suid: some perl distributions have decided that as running
    suid perl scripts is a rare event, they won't install/enable it by
    default. On these systems this package won't work. Typically the fix
    is:

    chown root /usr/bin/suidperl
    chmod 4711 /usr/bin/suidperl

    or if /usr/bin/suidperl and /usr/bin/sperl5.* both exists and are of
    different sizes:

    chown root /usr/bin/sperl5* /usr/bin/suidperl
    chmod 0111 /usr/bin/suidperl
    chmod 4711 /usr/bin/sperl5.*

    I have tried this withou success.

    Then I tried to enable suid perl through /etc/permissions.easy and /
    etc/permissions.local
    (...)
    /usr/bin/perl
    root:root 4711
    /usr/bin/suidperl
    root:root 0111
    /usr/bin/sperl5.10.0
    root:root 4711
    /usr/bin/perl5.10.0
    root:root 4711
    (...)

    but it didn't work.... (I also tried with 4755 perm for all)

    Can you help me?

    Thank you very much.

  2. Re: How to enable suid perl in SUSE?

    try (type in Konsole):
    su -
    chmod 6755 {/usr/bin/perl,/usr/bin/suidperl,/usr/bin/sperl5.10.0,/usr/
    bin/perl5.10.0}

    this does setuid and setgid and sets read/execute permissions on all
    four files at once.

  3. Re: How to enable suid perl in SUSE?

    Thank you, but qmail-scanner configure script continue throw same
    error.

    I have decide continue omit it and at this moment, it appear run
    correctly...

    On Sep 24, 5:44 pm, "goodvbprogrammer.freed" 160.matthew.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > try (type in Konsole):
    > su -
    > chmod 6755 {/usr/bin/perl,/usr/bin/suidperl,/usr/bin/sperl5.10.0,/usr/
    > bin/perl5.10.0}
    >
    > this does setuid and setgid and sets read/execute permissions on all
    > four files at once.

  4. Re: How to enable suid perl in SUSE?

    Thank you, but qmail-scanner configure script continue throw same
    error.

    I have decide continue omit it and at this moment, it appear run
    correctly...

    On Sep 24, 5:44 pm, "goodvbprogrammer.freed" 160.matthew.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > try (type in Konsole):
    > su -
    > chmod 6755 {/usr/bin/perl,/usr/bin/suidperl,/usr/bin/sperl5.10.0,/usr/
    > bin/perl5.10.0}
    >
    > this does setuid and setgid and sets read/execute permissions on all
    > four files at once.

+ Reply to Thread