openSUSE 11.1 Beta ! WARNING ! - Suse

This is a discussion on openSUSE 11.1 Beta ! WARNING ! - Suse ; From the mailinglist: We have an important announcement regarding openSUSE 11.1 beta 1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 beta 1: The Intel e1000e driver on openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 and SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Beta 1 might have a serious ...

  1. openSUSE 11.1 Beta ! WARNING !

    From the mailinglist:

    We have an important announcement regarding openSUSE 11.1 beta 1 and
    SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 beta 1:

    The Intel e1000e driver on openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 and SUSE Linux
    Enterprise 11 Beta 1 might have a serious issue with the potential to
    damage the network card in a way that it cannot be used any longer.

    Intel and Novell are currently working to analyze and solve the issue.

    For the time being:

    Please do NOT USE:

    openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1
    or
    SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 Beta 1

    on systems with Intel e1000e hardware.

    Any other hardware, including systems with Intel e1000 (without -e)
    network cards, is not affected by this issue.

    We will keep you posted. Please watch news.opensuse.org and the
    opensuse-announce mailing list for more information.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

  2. Re: openSUSE 11.1 Beta ! WARNING !

    houghi wrote:

    > The Intel e1000e driver on openSUSE 11.1 Beta 1 and SUSE Linux
    > Enterprise 11 Beta 1 might have a serious issue with the potential to
    > damage the network card in a way that it cannot be used any longer.
    >
    > Intel and Novell are currently working to analyze and solve the issue.

    Does not Intel write these drivers? Clever way to increase hardware
    sales ;-)

    GŁnther

+ Reply to Thread