slrn and gnome terminal transparrent? - Suse

This is a discussion on slrn and gnome terminal transparrent? - Suse ; I run gnome terminal and get that neatly transparrent. However when I run slrn, slrn is not transparrent. When I edit an article, it goes to vi and that is transparrent. So the problem comes from slrn. Any idea what ...

  1. slrn and gnome terminal transparrent?

    I run gnome terminal and get that neatly transparrent. However when I
    run slrn, slrn is not transparrent. When I edit an article, it goes to
    vi and that is transparrent.

    So the problem comes from slrn.

    Any idea what I can do to make slrn itself transparrent as well?

    Running windowmaker on 64 bit. If it works in another terminal that can
    become transparrent, please let me also know. I am not limited by KDE,
    GNOME or anything else.

    houghi
    --
    I do not want life insurance.
    I want all people to be genuinely grieving when I die.

    houghi

  2. Re: slrn and gnome terminal transparrent?

    * houghi wrote in alt.os.linux.suse:

    > I run gnome terminal and get that neatly transparrent. However when I
    > run slrn, slrn is not transparrent. When I edit an article, it goes to
    > vi and that is transparrent.
    >
    > So the problem comes from slrn.
    >
    > Any idea what I can do to make slrn itself transparrent as well?
    >
    > Running windowmaker on 64 bit. If it works in another terminal that can
    > become transparrent, please let me also know. I am not limited by KDE,
    > GNOME or anything else.
    >
    > houghi

    You need to change the background colors in the slrnrc to 'default' instead
    of 'black'

    --
    David

  3. Re: slrn and gnome terminal transparrent?

    SINNER wrote:
    > You need to change the background colors in the slrnrc to 'default' instead
    > of 'black'

    Thanks a lot. The colors where not "black" bur rather "". Now I have
    more time to watch the nature pictures.

    houghi
    --
    Let's not be too tough on our own ignorance. It's the thing that makes
    America great. If America weren't incomparably ignorant, how could we

+ Reply to Thread