PERL Compiling Question - Suse

This is a discussion on PERL Compiling Question - Suse ; Vahis wrote: > Do they serve daiquiries in the Spacebar? > Do you need a straw to drink there? It is not so much a spacebar as a milkbar. houghi -- This was written under the influence of the following: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: PERL Compiling Question

    Vahis wrote:
    > Do they serve daiquiries in the Spacebar?
    > Do you need a straw to drink there?

    It is not so much a spacebar as a milkbar.

    houghi
    | Artist : Guano Apes
    | Song : Diokhan
    | Album : Walking on a thin line

  2. Re: PERL Compiling Question

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 01:38:36 +0200, houghi typed this message:

    > noi ance wrote:
    >> Good script but I can't imagine that someone looking to
    >>
    >> $ scp my:~/made.PL . && sudo make install
    >>
    >> isn't lazier than making a script.

    > Will that work across 32 and 64 bit?
    >
    > houghi

    I'm pretty sure it'll work. In the past, I've configure/make things on
    one pc then copied the executable to another machine that didn't have the
    development libraries needed by the configure and make.

    But IIRC I never actually redid the make install just copied the final
    executables from the make install.

  3. Re: PERL Compiling Question

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 03:33:32 +0000, PaulRS typed this message:

    > On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 03:45:49 UTC, "PaulRS" wrote:
    >
    >> [Note: this comes out of the flv to swf thread]
    >>
    >> Once I download a Perl tar file
    >> Extract it
    >> Run 'perl Makefile.PL'
    >> Run 'make'
    >> Run 'make install' as root
    >>
    >> (1) It installs on the local computer (2) It leaves behind the original
    >> folder (directory) which was made with the tar extraction along with
    >> all that was done in that folder (the additional stuff) by 'perl
    >> Makefile.PL' and 'make'
    >>
    >> My question:
    >> Can this folder be copied to a second computer running the same SuSE
    >> 10.3 with the same home directory and then run 'make install' on it to
    >> install this program on the second computer?
    >>
    >> [I am trying to avoid repeating the whole process from an original
    >> perl.tar download]
    >>
    >> Paul
    >>

    > Even though some of the responses assumed 'laziness' - I did not tell
    > you that the final PERL program required 9 packages (dependencies) to be
    > installed including all the un-tar, cd to subdirectory, Makefile.PL,
    > make, make install . . . etc. This was the reason for my question.

    I think a better option, after the "make install" copy the folders and
    files created from the "make install" to the new machine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2