CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse? - Suse

This is a discussion on CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse? - Suse ; Vahis wrote: >>>I still get them from hddtemp. >> >> Then gkrellm can get them too. It then needs perhaps some configuration. > The hda temp is kinda there, it's empty and no other disks can be seen > anywhere. ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse?

    Vahis wrote:
    >>>I still get them from hddtemp.

    >> Then gkrellm can get them too.

    It then needs perhaps some configuration.

    > The hda temp is kinda there, it's empty and no other disks can be seen
    > anywhere. This is in configuration view.

    That doesn't mean it reads anything or is even there. Standard I have 4
    fans, even though my mobo only has two connections.

    > The display shows hda 0 degrees.

    And that is unrealistic?

    houghi
    | Artist : Blof
    | Song : Donker Hart
    | Album : Umoja

  2. Re: CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse?

    On 2008-09-21, houghi wrote:

    >>> Then gkrellm can get them too.

    > It then needs perhaps some configuration.
    >
    >> The hda temp is kinda there, it's empty and no other disks can be seen
    >> anywhere. This is in configuration view.

    > That doesn't mean it reads anything or is even there. Standard I have 4
    > fans, even though my mobo only has two connections.
    >
    >> The display shows hda 0 degrees.

    > And that is unrealistic?

    I have a script that runs hddtemp:

    Disk temps, 5 min interval:

    750 GB Barracuda /data1
    /dev/sdc: ST3750640AS: 32°C

    500 GB Barracuda /data5
    /dev/sdb: ST3500630AS: 32°C

    250 GB Hitachi Deskstar system disk
    /dev/sda: HDS722525VLAT80: 30°C

    Sun Sep 21 18:13:22 EEST 2008

    That's also very much how they feel if you touch them.

    Guess which one is full of mammalian protuberances

    --
    Vahis
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

  3. Re: CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse?

    On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:51:22 +0000, Vahis wrote:
    > Anyway, gkrellm is nothing for me, It's whistles and bells IMHO.

    If you do not like whistles and bells, have you considered procmeter3?

  4. Re: CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse?

    On 2008-09-21, J G Miller wrote:
    > On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 14:51:22 +0000, Vahis wrote:
    >> Anyway, gkrellm is nothing for me, It's whistles and bells IMHO.

    > If you do not like whistles and bells, have you considered procmeter3?

    I didn't know of it.
    I haven't been specially active with monitoring.
    I just saw the posts about sensors and gkrellm and tried to see what I
    get out of it.

    But thanks, I'll have a look
    --
    Vahis
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    Congressman Wilson has an expression:
    "You can teach them to type, but you can't teach them to grow tits."

  5. Re: CPU temperature monitoring in opensuse?

    On 2008-09-20 20:11, 2CA001 wrote:
    > of the machine. Also of interest is some of the voltages which seem to
    > be way off.... gkrellm says the +12V is 5.84V, the -12V is -7.55V and
    > the -5V is -3.26V. I didn't think it would run with the +12V that low
    > so maybe it's time to get the multimeter out to check the Antec NeoPower
    > 550 which should be much closer to spec than that.... maybe the sensors
    > are reading off....

    This often happen due to many different versions of the chip.
    (Why must every single MB have it's own sensor system?)

    Try to find your chip in the file /etc/sensors.conf , and read the comments.
    Often they get a hint what to change if you get half the value or switched sensors.
    Try to search for 83627 , or some pattern that match it.

    After change you must run sensors -s to load the file.

    Don't forget to add sensors to the boot , eg. insserv lm_sensors

    /bb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2