rt73 wireless driver - Suse

This is a discussion on rt73 wireless driver - Suse ; Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of OS 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122 C1 version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint since several openSuse releases ...

  1. rt73 wireless driver

    Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of OS
    11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122 C1
    version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint since
    several openSuse releases back...........

    ..........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver binaries
    and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it would
    seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.

    ........failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    outlines installing with ndiswrapper?

    Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

  2. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    propman wrote:

    > Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of OS
    > 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122 C1
    > version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint since
    > several openSuse releases back...........
    >
    > .........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver binaries
    > and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    > (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it would
    > seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.
    >

    > .......failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    > outlines installing with ndiswrapper?
    >

    > Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

    why not using ndiswrapper? works perfectly with my d-link DWL-G122 B1

    Michael

  3. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:17:26 +0000, propman wrote:

    > Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of
    > OS 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122
    > C1 version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint
    > since several openSuse releases back...........
    >
    > .........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver
    > binaries and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    > (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it would
    > seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.
    >

    > .......failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    > outlines installing with ndiswrapper?
    >

    > Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

    There are two different chip set in the DWL - G122. Not sure what the
    other chip set was. I found out the hard way. The other chip set was in
    an earlier one.

  4. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:13:30 GMT, F wrote:

    >On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:17:26 +0000, propman wrote:
    >
    >> Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of
    >> OS 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122
    >> C1 version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint
    >> since several openSuse releases back...........
    >>
    >> .........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver
    >> binaries and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    >> (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it would
    >> seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.
    >>

    >> .......failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    >> outlines installing with ndiswrapper?
    >>

    >> Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

    >There are two different chip set in the DWL - G122. Not sure what the
    >other chip set was. I found out the hard way. The other chip set was in
    >an earlier one.

    If you discover one for God's sake let me know as I'm trying to get a
    DWA-146 to work with Suse.

    Bruce-in-Bangkok

  5. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:21:14 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:13:30 GMT, F wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:17:26 +0000, propman wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of
    >>> OS 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link DWL-G122
    >>> C1 version, especially when it seems to have been a common complaint
    >>> since several openSuse releases back...........
    >>>
    >>> .........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver
    >>> binaries and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    >>> (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it would
    >>> seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.
    >>>

    >>> .......failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    >>> outlines installing with ndiswrapper?
    >>>

    >>> Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

    >>There are two different chip set in the DWL - G122. Not sure what the
    >>other chip set was. I found out the hard way. The other chip set was in
    >>an earlier one.

    >If you discover one for God's sake let me know as I'm trying to get a
    >DWA-146 to work with Suse.
    >

    >Bruce-in-Bangkok
    >(correct Address is bpaige125atgmaildotcom)

    After searching some more I found that drivers for many D-Link devices
    are available from D-Link. The location is a little obscure but it is
    there.

    Bruce-in-Bangkok

  6. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:21:14 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 03:13:30 GMT, F wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 00:17:26 +0000, propman wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can't really understand why newly downloaded Gnome and KDE versions of
    >>> OS 11.0 ISO's would include a faulty driver setup for my D-Link
    >>> DWL-G122 C1 version, especially when it seems to have been a common
    >>> complaint since several openSuse releases back...........
    >>>
    >>> .........but anyways, looking for a source for precomplied driver
    >>> binaries and install instructions; tried the serialmonkey.org
    >>> (http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/rt73-cvs-daily.tar.gz) file but it
    >>> would seem that the LiveCD install doesn't include the compiler.
    >>>

    >>> .......failing to obtain binaries, is there a reliable webpage which
    >>> outlines installing with ndiswrapper?
    >>>

    >>> Cheers...much appreciated. :-)

    >>There are two different chip set in the DWL - G122. Not sure what the
    >>other chip set was. I found out the hard way. The other chip set was in
    >>an earlier one.

    > If you discover one for God's sake let me know as I'm trying to get a
    > DWA-146 to work with Suse.
    >

    > Bruce-in-Bangkok
    > (correct Address is bpaige125atgmaildotcom)

    The drivers for the earlier DWL-G122 is aPrism driver dated Jan 2005
    The part # on the CD is CD-DWLG122, Ver 1.02.

    Hope this helps.

  7. Re: rt73 wireless driver

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 02:56:51 GMT, F wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 19:21:14 +0700, Bruce in Bangkok wrote:

    >>>There are two different chip set in the DWL - G122. Not sure what the
    >>>other chip set was. I found out the hard way. The other chip set was in
    >>>an earlier one.

    >> If you discover one for God's sake let me know as I'm trying to get a
    >> DWA-146 to work with Suse.
    >>

    >> Bruce-in-Bangkok
    >> (correct Address is bpaige125atgmaildotcom)

    >The drivers for the earlier DWL-G122 is aPrism driver dated Jan 2005
    >The part # on the CD is CD-DWLG122, Ver 1.02.
    >
    >Hope this helps.

    Right. I've located the source for a native "stable beta" driver form
    D-Link (but have to install the compiler, et al, and also have the
    suggestion that I might use ndiswrapper as an alternate method.

    Of course, all my disks are in Bangkok so I have to wait 'till I get
    home next month but it looks likely that it will work if I persevere,
    with a little help from my friends (but perhaps that dates me:-).

    Bruce-in-Bangkok