Getting SU - Suse

This is a discussion on Getting SU - Suse ; does anyone know how to get super user priveleges from a limited account from the linux console? Or atleast how to escalate your USER group rights? My library uses Opensuse 10.0(i think)...

  1. Getting SU

    does anyone know how to get super user priveleges from a limited
    account from the linux console?
    Or atleast how to escalate your USER group rights? My library uses
    Opensuse
    10.0(i think)

  2. Re: Getting SU

    tyrese wrote:

    do you have a name/telephone number for that library?

    --
    DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via NNTP, Thunderbird 2.0.0.14, KDE
    3.5.7, SUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.18-0.2-default #1 SMP i686 athlon

  3. Re: Getting SU

    tyrese wrote:
    > does anyone know how to get super user priveleges from a limited
    > account from the linux console?
    > Or atleast how to escalate your USER group rights? My library uses
    > Opensuse
    > 10.0(i think)

    It's quite easy to get root privileges if you have physical access to
    the hardware...... however, it sounds like you want us to assist you in
    committing a computer crime which would make us accessories..... I
    _don't_ think so!!

  4. Re: Getting SU

    Type su in the console and then enter the root password when prompted....

    Although being a public machine a lot of it may be locked down to make
    that difficult..

    Cheers Bob

    tyrese wrote:
    > does anyone know how to get super user priveleges from a limited
    > account from the linux console?
    > Or atleast how to escalate your USER group rights? My library uses
    > Opensuse
    > 10.0(i think)

+ Reply to Thread