Can't login to WPA wireless network - Suse

This is a discussion on Can't login to WPA wireless network - Suse ; I have a Linksys wireless router using WPA. No problems logging in with a Windows laptop. With my ThinkPad T61 I enter my password and it tries to log me in but then I get "Wireless Network Key Required", next ...

  1. Can't login to WPA wireless network

    I have a Linksys wireless router using WPA. No problems logging in
    with a Windows laptop. With my ThinkPad T61 I enter my password and it
    tries to log me in but then I get "Wireless Network Key Required",
    next line says "Passphrase required by wireless network". The
    passphrase is correct, I can get onto other non password required
    wireless networks, no problem.

    Using Yast under user controlled with NetworkManager, I have a Intel
    PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, I have automatic address setup checked,
    user controlled, managed, correct essid, mode is WPA-PSK, passphrase
    checked, encryption key is the password. On the logon screen I tried
    type=automatic, and tried tkip.

    And once we solve this problem, my next question is can I get a
    Verizon aircard (expresscard) to work? I saw in the readme file that
    it says with WWAN, we're on our own.

    Thanks for the help,

    Brad

  2. Re: Can't login to WPA wireless network

    bdweiner@optonline.net wrote:

    > I have a Linksys wireless router using WPA. No problems logging in
    > with a Windows laptop. With my ThinkPad T61 I enter my password and it
    > tries to log me in but then I get "Wireless Network Key Required",
    > next line says "Passphrase required by wireless network". The
    > passphrase is correct, I can get onto other non password required
    > wireless networks, no problem.
    >
    > Using Yast under user controlled with NetworkManager, I have a Intel
    > PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, I have automatic address setup checked,
    > user controlled, managed, correct essid, mode is WPA-PSK, passphrase
    > checked, encryption key is the password. On the logon screen I tried
    > type=automatic, and tried tkip.
    >
    > And once we solve this problem, my next question is can I get a
    > Verizon aircard (expresscard) to work? I saw in the readme file that
    > it says with WWAN, we're on our own.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Brad

    I was having similar problems getting wireless connection this weekend. It
    all started working better once I started kwallet. I don't think this is
    (or should be) a requirement, but I found it did help me.

    Might be worth try.

    --
    Don

  3. Re: Can't login to WPA wireless network

    bdweiner@optonline.net turned on the Etch-A-Sketch and wrote:

    > I have a Linksys wireless router using WPA. No problems logging in
    > with a Windows laptop. With my ThinkPad T61 I enter my password and it
    > tries to log me in but then I get "Wireless Network Key Required",
    > next line says "Passphrase required by wireless network". The
    > passphrase is correct, I can get onto other non password required
    > wireless networks, no problem.
    >
    > Using Yast under user controlled with NetworkManager, I have a Intel
    > PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, I have automatic address setup checked,
    > user controlled, managed, correct essid, mode is WPA-PSK, passphrase
    > checked, encryption key is the password. On the logon screen I tried
    > type=automatic, and tried tkip.
    >
    > And once we solve this problem, my next question is can I get a
    > Verizon aircard (expresscard) to work? I saw in the readme file that
    > it says with WWAN, we're on our own.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Brad

    IIRC, the Network Key will be either a 16-bit hex or something like that.
    You'll need it from the router config on the ethernet-connected machine.

    I did the same for a Linksys running on a desktop for my father-in-law's
    wife.

    As for verizon...

    ....can you hear me now?