Hi,

I don't know if this the right group to post this, but because I always
reading the post from this group (I don't know any other group related
to python), I'll post it anyway.

For the last few days I've been learning python and now I've found
something strange happen if I enter interactive help from python and
list all modules available with "modules"(or by typing "help("modules")"
from the interpreter). It will start compiz-manager then hung-up, until
I "quit" the program, then it will displayed the list of all modules
available.

> snorzzz@optimus:~> python
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Aug 1 2008, 00:32:16)
> [GCC 4.2.1 (SUSE Linux)] on linux2 # I'm using opensuse ver. 10.3

> Please wait a moment while I gather a list of all available modules...
>
> * Detected Session: fluxbox
> * Searching for installed applications...
> * Non-mesa driver on Xgl detected
> ... no mesa libGL found for preloading, this may not work!
> * Starting Compiz
> ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp
> compiz: Trying '/usr/$LIB/libIndirectGL.so.1'
> compiz (core) - Error: Another window manager is already running on screen: 0
> compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0 # It stop here, waiting until I "quit"

I know that help() will try to import the modules with the same name as
it's parameter. In this case, correct me if I'm wrong, help() will
import them all. There are 2 modules listed that I suspected to be
responsible, FusionIcon and compizconfig. But importing both of them
directly from interpreter do nothing.

If someone would be kind enough to explain me why this happen, I would
be very grateful.